Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: What makes your quilting/sewing room so special?

When I'm happy everyone else is happy. To that end, my hubby is redoing our large office area into a sewing room for me. So far I have a sewing table, a cutting table, shelves to keep my threads and sewing notions on as well as books and patterns. He made a Big Board for my ironing station today and tomorrow we tackle figuring out a design wall for my space. He is the best! Gotta' love that man!

What makes your quilting/sewing room so special? For me, it is the quietness, the lack of sounds from dh's tv, the dog barking, the rowdy pre-teens outside and every one who has to lock their cars with those awful horn-honking bleeps. It is where I can bond with fabrics and dream up my own quilting patterns. Ah-h, such relaxation.

My room used to be the room where the basenji puppies were whelped, so there are a few basenji things visible, and also part of my 'antique sewing things'

Blog Entries
    What makes my quilting/sewing room so special?

IT'S ALL MINE!!!!!!!!!
    :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol: :thumbup: :lol:

Blog Entries
    I had always done my sewing in the kitchen untill my youngest left home. I turned her room into a doll room and still sewed in the kitchen. Then about 5 years ago I fixed her room up for sewing and DH put up lots of good lighting. The room just was to small for me and I hated to sew in there. Consequently I didn't stay in there to sew. But my sister passed away a year and a half ago and left her appt. empty. It is part of our home so I got to re-allign it for my sewing needs. It is special because I have lots of room now and since my sister lived there for about 6 years I feel really close to her there. I even talk to her and discuss what I am going to do with something that was hers or thank her for having something that I needed at the time and didn't have to go buy it. I still have all of her sewing stuff.

I used to have mine room downstairs in the basement, but it was too dark and cold. When my daughter moved out, I took over her old room. It's much smaller, but has a south facing window so I have the sun shining in during the winter when it's so cold out. And in Idaho, when you can get the sun to shine on you when you're sewing, it's a great thing!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6