Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What makes your quilting/sewing room so special? >

What makes your quilting/sewing room so special?

What makes your quilting/sewing room so special?

Old 02-25-2011, 05:54 AM

love your avartat quilt, midwest mary
Old 02-25-2011, 06:13 AM
nab

My sewing room is a finished room in the basement. My DH & DD finished it for ME. It is small, but it is mine. Very few people come to MY room. I think it is too scary for them non-quilters. It really is big enough for two, but most of the time it only has room for me. I tend to spread out when I creat.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:19 AM

It's mine! Actually, I don't have a sewing room. My machine is on my desk in the dining room. My fabric and ironing board are in my bedroom. Not ideal, but it works for now.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:21 AM

My quilting room is half a basement, and I think what makes it special is everyone knowing it is open at all times I am in it. Two chairs sit by the woodstove with A cup of coffee here, a hug there, a phone call coming in, or whatever is going on at the time.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:23 AM

Having recently moved my sewing room from a small corner in the basement to our living room, I can say it's special to me because it's such an open space and it allows me to display all of my fabric and tools wonderfully and so accessible to me when I need them. I no longer have to hunt for anything when I need it. It truly allows me to feel and be so much more creative.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:29 AM
Banned

Mine is special because my hubby gave up our bedroom for me to use. I have to sleep in a recliner due to pain issues etc.,so hubby had the bedroom all to himself. (Our house only has 1 bedroom) My sewing space was in a narrow pantry room off of the kitchem. He got rid of the queen bed and bought a twin bed and turned the pantry room into a bedroom so I could have the bigger room for sewing!!! He is wonderful!!! All he has in his room is a twin bed,a chest of drawers and a rocker all crammed in. Bless his heart!!!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:46 AM

My DH & I share a small bedroom (there's no bed). There's a corner for him with his computer. A corner for me with my Babylock. A small couch with a TV across on the wall. Next to my sewing table is a treadmill. In the closet are a few shelves. Hanging on the closet door is my ironing board. I LOVE IT. It's perfect!!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 AM

Not!
Old 02-25-2011, 06:56 AM

It's mine! LOL. I have a dvd player and lots of movies - mostly musical so I can just enjoy listening if I get busy and can't watch. I also have my ipod set up with speakers and it plays loud enough to drown out a lot of the noise from outside or downstairs.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:00 AM

My sewing room is special because it's all mine. We converted a one-car garage that we only used for storage and had parked the car in there only twice in over 20 years! I painted the walls a bright cheerful sunny lemon yellow and there are two windows to let in light. My husband built three sets of floor to ceiling cabinets for storage, plus a huge worktable with two sets of drawers and lots of electrical outlets on each side. And just this Christmas he added a book shelf on the end of one of the tall cabinets to hold all my quilting books. I have my own TV with cable and DVD player. Just through the doorway in the utility room there's a refrigerator with cold drinks. Now, if only I could figure out how to use the sewing machine from a recliner, I'd really be set!