Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the Quilt Pattern name????? >

What is the Quilt Pattern name?????

What is the Quilt Pattern name?????

Old 02-29-2012, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by Arleners View Post
Also keep in mind that sometimes, the quilt pattern might not have a name. I use a software program to design a lot of my quilts. While the blocks in the pattern have names, the finished quilt is my own concoction. If I give it a name, it still wouldn't help out.
I often see where the quiltmaker says "Pattern designed using EQ6" or something similar. This gives us a heads up that we can't buy it, but maybe you would share. I was just allowing my frustration of reading 11 pages with 3 requests for the pattern name & never seeing it. I much prefer too much information rather than not enough. Even if it is only an statement that the quilt is a combination of 2 or 3 different traditional blocks. I can figure it out if I'm given "any" information. fyi....I am trying to learn EQ7. I don't think my mind wants to learn any new computer programs.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:50 AM

I agree it would be so much easier if the posting person indicated if they used a pattern and the name. There have been times I have scrolled through pages of comments looking for the pattern name , several times and its not there. I know I would really appreciate the posting person listing the pattern.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by orangeroom View Post
With word of mouth, or type, maybe more will do just that. Usually I read the description, but I saw a post yesterday and skipped over it, figuring that I didn't have time to read all that at that moment. Absolutely LOVED the quilt. Read through three pages to see if I could find the name and wouldn't you know, the original poster actually DID have the name right in the description!
And so many times I've seen posters ask ... and the info is already in the original post, as you mentioned.
Or that the question has been asked and answered. And sometimes several times.

The other day, there was a thread that had gotten to ten pages ...... On the tenth page, two people had asked a question. And guess what? two posts before (posts not pages; and on the same page) the original poster had answered it already. And it was several hours prior to those two posts, so no possibility of posting at the same time.

Worse still .... it was a request for a picture ...... kind of obvious that IF those questioning had even looked at their own post after making it, that they'd have seen the picture ....... and could have changed their post instead of the rest of us seeing their mistake.

The point I'm making ......... READ folks! Sometimes the answer is there, and we haven't looked for it.
And further, no one is obligated to give the info anymore than they choose to.

If the answer is not there ... ask it on the thread, rather than giving the original poster more work with a PM. I've had times when I answered the info within a thread and several times. And yet, have still received several PMs asking the same thing. Many of us don't have time to run private conversations for info that has not need to remain private.

And no, I'm not a grumpaloo this morning ... just that this is one of the discussions that never ends, and we really don't want "rules" for everything we do. Do we?
Old 02-29-2012, 06:13 AM

Well said, QuiltE!!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:46 AM

I agree with you. I would love to have the pattern name. My last quilt I posted I did include the pattern name. The trouble with my quilts is that I usually don't use a pattern. I make them up as I go. A little inspiration from this book and a little from the internet, etc.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:24 AM
BMP

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
And so many times I've seen posters ask ... and the info is already in the original post, as you mentioned.
Or that the question has been asked and answered. And sometimes several times.

The other day, there was a thread that had gotten to ten pages ...... On the tenth page, two people had asked a question. And guess what? two posts before (posts not pages; and on the same page) the original poster had answered it already. And it was several hours prior to those two posts, so no possibility of posting at the same time.

Worse still .... it was a request for a picture ...... kind of obvious that IF those questioning had even looked at their own post after making it, that they'd have seen the picture ....... and could have changed their post instead of the rest of us seeing their mistake.

The point I'm making ......... READ folks! Sometimes the answer is there, and we haven't looked for it.
And further, no one is obligated to give the info anymore than they choose to.

If the answer is not there ... ask it on the thread, rather than giving the original poster more work with a PM. I've had times when I answered the info within a thread and several times. And yet, have still received several PMs asking the same thing. Many of us don't have time to run private conversations for info that has not need to remain private.

And no, I'm not a grumpaloo this morning ... just that this is one of the discussions that never ends, and we really don't want "rules" for everything we do. Do we?

I read all the posts too to see if the info has been given and I missed it, then I keep cking to see if it has been posted later. It does take some time to pre-read pages but I dont want to ask again if the answer has already been posted.
Old 02-29-2012, 08:28 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by BMP View Post
I read all the posts too to see if the info has been given and I missed it, then I keep cking to see if it has been posted later. It does take some time to pre-read pages but I dont want to ask again if the answer has already been posted.
My hat's off to you!!!

Sadly ... so many don't seem to see the reasons for that!
And this goes for more than the name of a quilt .............
Old 02-29-2012, 07:43 PM

Thanks for bringing this up again.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:09 AM

I am with you on the need to post the pattern name or magazine month/year or where you can buy it, then again we have these very talented creative people that design their own pattern, which they should say so, then we would not have to search every where for something that is not available.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:26 AM

I also think in addition to the name of the quilt the size is important to me. I'm pretty sure I give the name of the quilt, but not the size. Does anyone else like to know the size of the quilt?