Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • What quilting gadget do you want that you don't have? >
  • What quilting gadget do you want that you don't have?

• What quilting gadget do you want that you don't have?

Old 04-07-2013, 03:09 AM

I think I might like the EQ....but I am not sure if I would use it. I think I need to research and get opinions!
    Old 04-07-2013, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow
    I would love a bigger sewing room. One about twice the size of the one I have now. And more storage! I would like to have more shelves with doors on them that go from floor to ceiling. And more lighting. That's all! If my husband would just let me knock the wall out between my sewing room and the computer room and take out the computer and let me expand my sewing room into the computer room, I would be one happy camper. But I can't talk him into it.
    i would chech with a contractor to see if it is a support wall first. if not i would remove it my self. i have done it before! it is not that hard, men do it!
    Old 04-07-2013, 03:54 AM

I've been stalking the listings on Craigslist for a mid arm. There is a HQ 16 in my area for $2500. It's still a lot of money, and realistically I just don't have the space a 12 foot table is big for a house built in the early 70's.
    Old 04-07-2013, 03:57 AM

Originally Posted by Onetomatoplant
    Bernina 830. Bwaaaaahahahaha! Ok, on to something realistic. I would like to try that FMQ halo, but can't bring myself to buy it without checking it out first.
    Does anyone on this board know how much the Bernina 830 sells for in the U.S. ? In Canada it sells for $13, 000.00 That's out of my range but I was curious to know the price in the U.S.
    Old 04-07-2013, 04:18 AM

I want a dedicated embroidery machine. Making gifts lets me get creative and I would love to monogram them but my efforts of trying to do it freehand just doesn't cut the mustard so to speak. Also would like a small iron for pressing small seams. Getting into small spaces is so hard with a regular iron. Years ago a friend gave me a Clover small iron, it sucked, didn't get hot enough and the temp thingy broke off. Might as well throw it away.
    Old 04-07-2013, 04:21 AM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
    I tried the Halo at a quilt show but it is not for me. Not enough room inside the Halo to quilt without stopping and repositioning continually, and I need to have my fingers on the quilt for the best control for me. What is my dream item? A Babylock Symphony (no money) and a sit down midarm (no room or money :-) ). I'll be happy with what I've got-I'm fortunate to have a dedicated quilting space (well except for when my grandson is sleeping in it 3 -4 nights a week.) All of his stuff is in the bedroom he shares with his Dad and its not a permanent situation so it's good.
    I agree. I bought it and I hate it. I do much better with my hands and get no tucks in the back.
    Old 04-07-2013, 04:28 AM

A gravity feed iron.

Last edited by Mitch's mom; 04-07-2013 at 04:30 AM.
    Old 04-07-2013, 05:48 AM

LA quilter
    Do not have the Space or $$$.
    Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 AM

There are so many. But right now would love to have a Viking Sapphire 875. Oh,
    to have a automatic thread cutter and needle threaders, is my wish.....hopefully that will happen soon....
    Old 04-07-2013, 06:32 AM

I want all the quilt in a day rulers. I have watched Eleanor Burns use them and really want them. But I would also like the 9 and 10 degree wedge ruler. I want to do the spiral tree skirt for my family for christmas (nieces, nephews and sisters). I have the fabric but don't have the ruler.