Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What quilting project will you be working on today?

Super Member Luv Quilts and Cats's Avatar
    I am going to a 3-day quilt retreat with 5 of my quilting buddies next weekend. So I am doing cutting this weekend so I can put a top together on a UFO, and look at another UFO to see if I can get it ready to put together. We are also all making a holiday quilt using 40 2.5 inch x length of fabric strips. This is my second retreat. We had a retreat earlier in April and it was a blast. We rent a house in York, Maine, withing walking distance to the beach. Although. last time we didn't get to the beach! LOL! But we did get to Marden's, a chain store in Maine that sells quality quilting fabric at a very discounted price. Always fun to go there!
    Luv Quilts and Cats
    Never underestimate the healing effects of beauty. - Florence Nightingale

I am working on a Christmas quilt for our living room - I realized a while back that I make quilts for people and give them away, but I've not made any to keep! I mean, who does that?! Apparently me. So I was at my mom's LQS a couple of months ago and found this Christmas charm pack that I loved - got two of them, a couple yards of the cream that goes along with it, and a panel.

Also, I have to sandwich the quilt I've made for DH because he keeps harassing me about getting it done before it gets cold here. LOL

Oh, and I need to do homework for a class I'm taking, and paint the kitchen. Just a nice relaxing weekend!

Blog Entries
    I'll be cutting the squares from FQ's and flannel for rag quilts for my DB and wife for Christmas.

Blog Entries
    I will be starting to cut a pattern called Something Blue from a McCall's magazine. I have made this before but want to use a beige tonal and a fabric that has a dark background with a vine running through it. This is the one I have done before.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

I won't get much quilting done today....lots of running to do....but am working on a customer quilt and have only two borders yet to add....then it is sandwiching and quilting....will be so glad to get this one done and out of my face....it's all solids, so every teensy error shows, which will make my quilting on DSM a nightmare!....almost forgot!....there is a quilt show in town that I want to see....maybe tomorrow!

I've finished all of my quilt WIPs, so am trying to decide what to start next. Really need to use some of my stash.

Some time ago, I gathered up a wonderful collection of fabrics (old-fashioned assortment), to go together, but haven't yet decided upon the pattern. This one will be for myself, so there's no hurry . . . but it'd be nice to at least make up my mind and start something!
    Last edited by Neesie; 10-27-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

I'm working on the christmasquilt I wanted to make three years ago......now finally it had to be done.
    It's really fun working on it
    greetz, fien
    http://quiltfien.blogspot.com/

I love cold, rainy weekends! I'm in my studio today, practicing stitches on my Tin Lizzie. I have 5 quilts that need quilting, 2 are tops I bought online to simply practice on. (I bought the Tin Lizzie last April). I plan on doing one today and one tomorrow. So it's practice, practice, practice for me today!

I too found cutting stash into strips. I can sew these strips together and then cut these strips across the seams. I can then sew these strips into blocks and have various quilts I can make with the blocks.

I will start cutting out a baby quilt for a friend. I hope to get it all ready to start sewing Monday.

I'm on Long Island's south shore and just finishing up the last bits of preparation for Hurricane Sandy. I'm going to spend my alone time (my husband works for the power company and has been ordered to work out east for the duration) manning the generator and French drain pumps if we lose power, but I'm also going to be cutting fabrics for a couple of Christmas gifts. Have to keep myself busy during this stressful pre-storm time or I'll go batty!!

Blog Entries
    I have been working very hard on quilts to take to two craft show. I had so many UFOs and quilts stacked up I decided to try to sell some of them. I haven't counted how many I have ready except for the labels, so that is what I am starting today. The 1st craft show is Nov 9th so I should have plenty of time. I am so ready to start a "new" project, not a UFO!

I just finished the top for one of seven baby quilts I need to get done. Today though...hubby will help me move a lot of stuff from upstairs to the basement...need to make more room to sew up here.
    Marge Campbell
    TL18LS/Qbot automated quilter
    http://www.Lmcampbel.com

Cutting, cutting, cutting. I have 160 blocks to cut for a quilt for my granddaughter for her birthday. She wanted a "girly" quilt so am using vintage roses and pastels.
    Families are like old quilts....although they tend to unravel at times...each can be stitched back together with love.

I will be FINISHING a mini I started last May! Just a little bit of handquilting left to be done. It has been put off and put off and put off as I was so afraid that I wouldn't be able to do it. Yesterday the curved binding went on - which I have never done before and it came out far beyond my expectations. I am so excited to get it finished.

I'm hoping to finish piecing the blocks for a batik stained glass quilt (king size) that I started at a quilt retreat last month. I should be able to put the quilt top together tomorrow. Then I may embroider some things on it - dragonfly, butterfly, vines, flowers, etc.

I'm working on a quilt using the pattern Squared Inside and Out. It uses 2 1/2" strips and I'm stitching it in black, gray, red and white. This quilt would also make a great Scrappy so next time, I think I'll try it using 3 1/2" squares and rectangles and take all my fabrics from my scrap basket (it's not a little one either!)
    Shelbie from the High County in Southern Ontario

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure but I'm sure glad it won't be Halloween. Between helping my daughter for Her first time make costumes and then me making things for my DGS's first Halloween party I'm exhausted. On my embroidery machine I made tic tac toe games with a spider on them and the game pieces were spider webs on them and the x and o. Then I made ghost that spell out Boo and then another set of ghost that was to represent her family, with a daddy, mommy, DB and baby sister ghost to hang up. I also made lollipop covers in the shape of a ghost, candy corn and a jackolantern. There were other things that I wanted to make but had no time. I've been working overtime and watching kids. So yesterday when my daughter came to drop of DGD and stated she found another decoration and she only had to print out so many black and white pictures to fit into the frames, I ignored her hint. When she came home she asked if I'd had time to print them out, I just said no. Now maybe when I get home after my 12hr shift I can finish up some of my projects that are growing.
    Judy

I will be making 2 quilted baby bibs for my granddaughter.

Hand quilting one baby quilt top. Need to baste a second one. Sure hope the storm passes over all of us without too much problem. If we lose power, at least I will have something to work on during day light.

Banned
    Putting the binding on a Halloween quilt, better late than never right!

Oh Neesie, I envy you - having all your ufo's finished. I have so many.

Finished the piecing of my DSDs Christmas present quilt, made a list for the Chilford/Duxford Show this Friday (UK) and carried on with the blanket stitch on a Country Quilt whilst watching TV (Strictly Come Dancing) tonight.
    Annie

Blog Entries
    Well I have made a fairly good dent in my Dr. Scraps...I still have a shoe box full that i will see if a friend of mine would like. I think I have had enough of Dr. Suess for a while... hoping to finish this one tomorrow. Here is my progress...String quilts are wonderful for scraps...Name:  quilt in the making.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  763.4 KB

the same project i will be working on for eternity brain....

i am handquilting my grandmother's pinwheel quilt.

forever. and ever. and ever....

aileen

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast