Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What quilting related items have you had to sneak in the door?

I don't have to sneek anything in. Hubby says we both work hard and should be able to get what makes us happy. Last weekend I was showing him the Sew Mate table and asked if he could make me something like that. He said, he could but it wouldn't be as nice, just order it. Last night over dinner, he asked if I had ordered it yet. I told him, not yet and he asked what I was waiting for. He's a keeper

I agree with the "open relationship" people - why would you want to be in a marriage where one person lies to the other?

We have so many scraps,DH does not want to get rid of any!!

Never sneak anything in here. DH has his own hobby of woodworking so he knows that it costs money. He has so much "wood stash" that we had to put up another storage building. I don't mind cause when I want something made I pick out the wood. Everything works out for us.

My DH has been known to take me to LQS and ask me is this all you want? And pay for it too! He knows I have a ROOM full of fabric and he brings the boxes in from the mail when I order something online or from another member on this fabulous board. He does his thing(horse & dog track and lottery tickets) with "his" money and I do mine. I don't have to hide a thing in this marriage(it's my third and his second) and I won't live like that again. I've got a KEEPER after 27yrs.!!!

I have never snuck anything into the house. He encourages me to buy what I want as life is to short to wish I had done this or wish I had done that. He is a lot more well behaved though. He doesn't buy to many things that are not a neccessity. Just his nature... After 49 and 1/2 years of being together He better not quit spoiling me. LOL

I had to sneak in a new Janome 3160 a couple of weeks ago there are so many machines in my sewing room he hasn't noticed the new one yet

Quote Originally Posted by weatheread
    I had to sneak in a new Janome 3160 a couple of weeks ago there are so many machines in my sewing room he hasn't noticed the new one yet
    LOL

Unbelievable, did you hide it under your coat as you walked past him?

My husband knows of my 'addiction'... to anything crafts!!! period!!! lol He blessed me and at Christmas last year her turned our 'sapre bedroom' into a craft room.
    He pulled up all the carpet, laid hardwood floors down, let m e choose the paint color, and he bought 2 6 foot counter tops, and installed them on top of pre=made cabinets from Lowes. its great!

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I have never heard that term Debby DOwner. :cry:
    You have never seen Debbie Downer on Saturday Night Live?
    A Debbie Downer is.... "someone who frequently adds bad news and negative feelings to a gathering, thus bringing down the mood of everyone around them."

Not trying to upset you with the name! Maybe I should have said Danni Downer!

I have no DH just kids and they just add to the problem. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm still single, but future husband would have no say in how I spend my money, and I won't tell him how to spend his.

That's the plan at least LOL

I don't hide anything, and wouldn't want to live like that (sorry). DH brings home the bacon, but as long as bills are paid and there's food on the table, he doesn't care what I spend any extra money on. I should say "IF" there's any extra, these days! LOL! :?

I know someone who hid EVERYTHING from her husband. She ran up her own credit cards, then opened a bunch of cards in HIS name. I guess she signed his name on the applications; I don't know. She quickly found herself in over her head, and he finally learned about all the credit cards when they had to file bankruptcy. Bad thing is, he was willing to forgive her, but she left him shortly afterwards for another guy ... and quickly found herself in financial trouble again. And legal trouble for writing bad checks! :roll: I can't even imagine living like that. :cry:

So ... no secrets here! :-)

A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....
    Blog Entries
    My hubby knows.. Someone has to get them from the top shelf and put them back- Im too short and he seems to constantly remove my step ladder from my room..

I get teased that one day he will hear me scream for help from under an avalanche of fabric .. I say he might be right one of these days real soon..

I walked in today from an estate sale, he didn't even flinch. My SUV was filled with boxes. I spent $100 and got ALL the fabric they had.. 15+ boxes worth... I'm set for the next few years or so..

I don't work outside the home. DH will occasionally give me money to purchase fabric and he voluntarily buys my machines after I sweet talk him. ;-) But I have to sneak in everything else. By everything else I mean fabric, books, patterns, notions.....you get the picture. :roll:

I don't have to sneak fabric in, but wool is another matter. . . . he buys old bikes, new bikes, new bike gear, and I tease him about that.

No sneaking for me either! My DH is very supportive of my hobby and the road goes both ways in our home.

I dont have to sneak anything in, but I would have some explaining to do if I bought home another machine. With him being a sewing machine technician, he knows which are good or not. I dont.

He did get me a Elna Lotus a few years ago and I have not used it yet. (I can hear the Aussies groaning :)) I just stick to my Vikings for everything. However if and when I retire and I get to go to quilting days, I will dust off the Lotus then.

I have to sneak in (and hide well!) anything that I want to make for HIM. Otherwise, it's open-book. I just hate to spoil the surprise. Plus he spends waaaaay more on his cars so what do I really have to be sneaky about?

I have no problem with all my quilting stuff. DH is an enabaler in that he goes with me, encouages me to buy what ever I want and asks me "is that all you want" he is a keeper. I do not have a lot of fabric cause I learned over the years there is always new fabric lines coming out and I want the newest. I also have three Janome's, my lastest being the 10001 and I love them all.

He knows how impulsive I can be when i comes to quilting. I think he takes a daily inventory now that I'm unemployed. I have been known to leave purchases in the tool box of my truck for a few days or until he's not home.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    LOL

no I have a sewing house so I just took in in there after class one night he was already asleep

Quote Originally Posted by MegsAnn
    I have to sneak in (and hide well!) anything that I want to make for HIM. Otherwise, it's open-book. I just hate to spoil the surprise. Plus he spends waaaaay more on his cars so what do I really have to be sneaky about?
    Well, that is different !..haha Gifts for hubby and money on cars. I admit we are guilty of both. But, neither one of us can't sneak a car or truck in. Without the dogs alerting everyone with a ten mile radius.

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk
    LOL

no I have a sewing house so I just took in in there after class one night he was already asleep
    Too funny, I have visions of you quietly shutting your car door, low crawling across the yard, lugging a machine into your sewing house.

No one to sneak past here. My family sometimes gives me the fish eye when something arrives in the mail when they are visiting. I use my stash as a threat. Anyone out of favor gets threatened with getting "THE STASH".

Blog Entries
    I can't imagine ever having to sneak a purchase pass DH unless it's for a surprise for him. I would never live with anyone that made me feel like I would have to. That's not a marriage, it's a stuckage.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast