Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What scissors do you keep at your machine to snip threads, etc? >

What scissors do you keep at your machine to snip threads, etc?

What scissors do you keep at your machine to snip threads, etc?

Old 09-06-2017, 03:57 AM

I use Karen Kay Buckley 4" scissors...I have a larger finger and these have a roomy hole for east access...I got them on Amazon. I wear a magnetic scissors keeper on my left shoulder and my scissors are always within reach no mater where I am
Old 09-06-2017, 04:13 AM
Power Poster

I use whatever is in reach. Right now my sewing room is a disaster so you never know what you will find where!
Old 09-06-2017, 05:22 AM

I use a 4" pair by Famore, they have pointed special tip for picking back if needed (never need that part,ha,ha!)
Old 09-06-2017, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

I use a favorite pair of small Ginghers at whatever machine I'm at.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:30 AM
Power Poster

I have a tiny pair that was given to me by a friend here is this group for Christmas a few years back. They sit right by the machine nearly all the time.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by LilaKay View Post
I use Karen Kay Buckley 4" scissors...I have a larger finger and these have a roomy hole for east access...I got them on Amazon. I wear a magnetic scissors keeper on my left shoulder and my scissors are always within reach no mater where I am
I have these scissors too. (Karen Kay Buckley 4") I love them. They're very lightweight, easy on the fingers and are always sharp and their lime green handles make them easy to see out of the corner of my eye. Plus, they have a serrated blade, which helps to grab the threads. I use the larger, purple version of this model too. Besides scissors, I usually have a seam ripper around also, to quickly release the bobbin thread from the back.

~ C
Old 09-06-2017, 09:56 AM

I love the little purple pointy scissors from Connecting Threads. They're small, come with a blade cover, and are wicked sharp. The points are really pointy - I use them when I need to get under really tight stitches, too. They slip under stitches that need to come out much better than any of my seam rippers do.

I probably own at least 20 pair by now, I buy them every time they go on sale or if I need to "fluff" an order to get free shipping. I have them by every machine, with every sewing kit, one near the iron, a pair in my purse and another in my car, a pair in my desk at work.... Best little scissors ever, I love them to death.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:21 PM

I loved my little black Gingher squeeze snips and used them for years until I discovered the squeeze ones with the curved cutting blades that grab the thread and you can cut really close with when snipping threads. Famore and Havels brand come to mind.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:43 AM

I purchased the little sun catcher suction cups with hooks attached one to the right front of my machine and hang a small pair of scissors on the hook -- this keeps them always handy for snipping threads. I have one on each machine.

• I love small scissors, so I have lots of them -- one pair for each machine I use and for any machine I may purchase in the future.

Last edited by Aurora; 09-07-2017 at 02:47 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 02:52 AM

I have a small pair of Karen Buckley scissors (the ones with the lime green handles) at my sewing machine.