Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the silliest thing you did while quilting? >

What is the silliest thing you did while quilting?

What is the silliest thing you did while quilting?

Old 08-18-2009, 06:14 AM

I have been laughing over some of these stories!;)And, have to admit I have done many of them myself!:)

Prob one of the funny things for me was doing some hand stitching while waiting on a kid at school only to lose my needle...yes, in the driver's seat area somewhere. I am sure I was a great sight standing outside the car...looking, and looking....and, never could find that needle...! Well, life is busy and we moved on...figured it would show up sooner or later...well, it did 2 weeks later! It took dh's back pockets in my driver's seat to find it...and, it was a lot of 'ahhhh-ohhhh' and an immed. breaking action and his jumping out of the car to remove what was sticking out of his right back pocket:)LOL He keeps insisting this is a dangerous 'hobby'....I just can't imagine where he gets that!:)Skeat
Old 08-18-2009, 06:18 AM

And of course I won't mention all of the "lost" needles and pins in the carpet. I wouldn't be the lucky one to find them. Yes, you've got it. HE finds them. aaaahhhhhggghhhh.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:21 AM

Speaking of lost needles... Many years ago, my pre-adolescent daughter, who had quite the reputation for hypochondria, complained about pain in her foot. I examined it thoroughly, couldn't find a thing. Several weeks later, a rather large needle emerged from the bottom of her foot. She has never let me forget that one!
Old 08-18-2009, 06:24 AM

Ok, I said my time was coming. I went to town early yesterday to send colletta the B & Y blocks I finished. You guessed it. Forgot to get her addy from the puter so went to school and comp. lab. Took 36 minutyes for the dadgum puter to load. PM'd klue for it, got it (thanks klue) and of course PO was closed by then. So here I go today.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 AM

bearisgrey - as far as the b>>> job :roll: :oops: when bent over table, pull scissors to you to begin cut and OWOWOWO. Needless to say I hardly ever use scissors.

I think teacup has us beat tho. B- suit ironing? owowowo
Old 09-10-2009, 11:07 AM

I remembered this thread...... lol!!!!
I just learned to always look at the can you're grabbing - before using it!!! Or maybe not to work on a quilt while you're also watching TMC? lol!!!

I'm starching a quilt top so I can sandwhich it, and grabbed the can of Aqua Net, instead of the starch can! The cans are the identical sizes, and shapes! Someone should write to the company, that quilters sometimes use Aqua Net too! lol!!!!! :wink:

I wondered why my iron was gumming up..... But was also watching an old movie, so it took a few minutes for it to reach my brain! I noticed the labeling on the can first, and wondered why it said to don't spray around heat..... :shock:

So now I'm going to find out how starch works layered over hair spray! lol!!!!!!!!!!
:D
Old 09-10-2009, 11:20 AM

Thanks for the laugh. This has been such a fun message board. I think most of us have done most of the things! I hope some one compiles the messages and makes a folder for them.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:31 AM

Yeap Judithb, this is a fun board! lol!!!!!! :D

Just got done ironing it and seems to be fine. Good thing I wash the quilts after I get them done, or my DDIL might wonder why it smells like Aqua Net..... lol!!!!! :D :D
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Power Poster

I don't think putting a block together wrong even counts.

Maybe NOTICING that a block is put together wrong AFTER the quilt is quilted and the binding is put on does. :oops:
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 AM

This may not be totally related to "quilting," but my mind was ON my quilting when I hurriedly went to the bathroom and intended to spray with Lysol and picked up the other blue can and sprayed that foamy cleaning spray. Yuk, what a mess. The floor was immediately very slippery. Had to mop the floor. What a bummer! :? :lol: