Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the silliest thing you did while quilting? >

What is the silliest thing you did while quilting?

What is the silliest thing you did while quilting?

Old 09-11-2009, 07:02 AM

What a great "thread" of stories! I get a lot of laughs, mainly because I have done most of them!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:04 AM

I dont know how you could earn a living at it but I got a stomache ache I laughed so hard. 'Then I told a friend about this conversation thread and she confessed that altho' she is usually meticulously careful to clear her cutting area off first she recently managed to cut her tape measure in half with her rotary blade while cutting WOF strips.
If you saw how tidy and meticulous her work is you would have been as dumbstruck as I was!
Old 09-16-2009, 12:06 AM

Sure hope your poor fingers are all better by now, thanks for the warning! I sometimes accidentally tuck my chair in too far and the chair leg starts pushing the foot pedal down. My machine gets in such a snarl when that happens, hard on the thread supply as well as on my temper.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 AM

Could you tell me what the name of the quilt pattern you have posted in your signature is? Thanks. I sure do like it.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM

Today I was using my serger - got my hand so close to the feed dogs that they caught my index finger - just the tip, thank goodness. The GOOD news - the blood didn't get on the fabric!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:59 AM

Skeat,

Your story just brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for the great laugh :P
Old 09-17-2009, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by ladybugquilter
Skeat,

Your story just brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for the great laugh :P
Glad to share in the smiles:)The even funnier part of that is I am endlessly driving kids (mine and everyone else's) all over everyday...I had many miles on that needle waiting for his pocket and not mine:) I must sit up straighter or something!LOL
Old 09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
Power Poster

Ywilma, are speaking of the picture with my dog, or is it someone else's post? If it is me, That was a simple Four Patch that I made for my dog.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:57 PM

OK I haven't read all of the Posts. But this one is a first for me. Been working on this butterfly quilt,need it done by 27th. So I have been really working to get it done every spare moment. Which lately have been very short. Anyways this evening about 6 PM I had the back finished and gethered the top,back,batting,T pins,Spray quilt Glue and took it all to the Guest room. Was so Happy moved a chest of drawers out of the way so I could use the carpet to stick pins. Spread,Smoothed,Stretched and pinned all the way around. Got the batting,spread and smoothed it was shaking my Glue can the 2 min. instructed rolled the batting back to start spraying when I really looked at what I was doing and wanted to sit down and Bawl!!! Guess what I had smoothed,stretched and pinned the top down first. So I unpinned trying not to cry got the back and smoothed,stretched and pinned,The the batting,then rolled it up so I could spray glue, smoothed that out, then the top. Well I got finished at 9:00 pm. just a little while ago. SIGH!!!! Tomorrow is another day and I will finish this quilt before Friday if I don't do something else like this again.
BillsBonBon
Old 09-20-2009, 06:21 PM

Bill's BonBon....have you been taken lessons from me?!:)Try spray basting your behind to a concrete floor! Oh, yea...been there...done that:)And how...I don't even know!LOL Rest dear child....tomorrow is a new and good day! All will be good soon!:)Skeat