Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is the silliest thing you did while quilting? >

What is the silliest thing you did while quilting?

What is the silliest thing you did while quilting?

Old 07-31-2009, 05:36 PM
Power Poster

I've also fumbled my iron and it melted the carpet where it landed.

(Wonder why I'm supposed to keep my sewing stuff downstairs?)

Of course, there are the dropped needles and pins - that sometimes get stepped on.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by sunnyhope
Well anyone remember one of my very first posts; i was doing some rotary cutting and i cut my knee really bad, it was about an inch deep and when i look at it know i m thinking OMG i m glad mum s is a nurse,lol
OK, most of us have cut fingers or in my case, given myself a manicure with a rotary cutter, but how the heck did you cut your KNEE???

Old 07-31-2009, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
I've also fumbled my iron and it melted the carpet where it landed.

(Wonder why I'm supposed to keep my sewing stuff downstairs?)

Of course, there are the dropped needles and pins - that sometimes get stepped on.
When my grandkids were over this past week, they were in my sewing room where my computer is. I've told them (repeatedly) NOT to take their shoes off because of dropped pins, etc. The grandson found a whole bunch of pins in his sock feet while jumping up and down.....yeah, I had to laugh :lol: :lol:
Old 07-31-2009, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt4u
Sewed something the wrong way. Riped it out. Then sewed it the wrong way again.
Yup, that's me! I'm directionally challenged and have to double- and triple-check my piecing. If there's a way to get it backward or upside down, I manage to figure that out.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:08 PM

Oh, i have something similar to a previous poster.

My old machine has that thingy that moves up and down at the front of the machine with the thread - I don't know what it's called. take up lever?
Anyway, when it goes up, it sticks out past the top and front of the machine, and more than once I've been sewing really intense and gotten too close, and smacked my forehead with the lever. NOT PLEASANT!!! It's kind of hard to explain the bruising. Plus, the machine doesn't stop sewing as soon as you release the pedal, so I wound up with a few bruises right next to eachother. :roll: :oops:
Old 08-01-2009, 07:02 AM
Power Poster

did you know that one could actually get one's t*** caught in a wringer?

We had an old Maytag wringer washing machine (gray, square tubbed) and I got too close while putting the clothes through.

Fortunately, there is a reverse on the wringer.
Absolutely LMAO!! So that is where THAT saying came from. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-01-2009, 07:33 AM

I have to tell you --- I'm in my sewing room with computer reading this thread, laughing my head off.....DH came in and asked "what are you reading"....I told him......he has NO appreciation....he just grunted and left...ROLMAO! :mrgreen:
Old 08-01-2009, 08:55 AM

did you know that one could actually get one's t*** caught in a wringer?

We had an old Maytag wringer washing machine (gray, square tubbed) and I got too close while putting the clothes through.

Fortunately, there is a reverse on the wringer.
I got my arms caught in the wringer, was up to my elbows before we got it stopped. Was too young to get anything "else" caught in it.....
Old 08-01-2009, 12:02 PM

OK, today I may have done the "silliest" thing ever. I felt like a MORON. I had my small quilt for the doll quilt swap all done and packed, ready to go. My first ever totally completed quilt, and I'm new to the board, so I'm hoping to make at least a semi-good impression, right? Due to work, I couldn't get it to the post office until Saturday. I waited until an hour before the post office closed at noon and then got online to retrieve the address for the person I'm exchanging quilts with. Imagine my horror -- and embarassement -- and frustration -- when I realized I had put the wrong name on the label of the person receiving the quilt! :oops: :cry: So I had to very quickly unpack the quilt, make a new fast label to cover up the carefully appliqued label I had originally made, and get it attached. I cheated and used Steam a Seam 2 tape for fixing hems to adhere the label. I got to the post office 10 minutes before it closed. And I'll admit that the whole time I was thinking of this thread about doing silly things, wondering if I should let you all in on the secret. Shhhh....no one tell kwhite! :roll:
Old 08-01-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by sunnyhope
Well anyone remember one of my very first posts; i was doing some rotary cutting and i cut my knee really bad, it was about an inch deep and when i look at it know i m thinking OMG i m glad mum s is a nurse,lol
OK, most of us have cut fingers or in my case, given myself a manicure with a rotary cutter, but how the heck did you cut your KNEE???
Errrrm i thought i needed a good shave on my hairy legs ROFL

No i was just to tired and should have stopped cutting but i sat down and instead of cutting from me i cut towards me
STUPID ME i know :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: