Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What size and what batting question >

What size and what batting question

What size and what batting question

Old 01-24-2010, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by AbbyQuilts
Thanks for the great ideas I have the top done, now I just need to get to the store and get some flannel.
I have never done a label. Maybe I could come up with something in a hand embroider. How do you attach the label?
sew it on to the quilt back before you put it on?

Thanks for the advice Cathy hopefully she wont have to be there but a few more months. She doesnt have any family down there that is taking care of her. Just her friends and we are states away so I wanted to make something for her as she is so lonely
If you go to this blog site, she has many short tutorials, including one for making a label. It is a great blog, she shares so much... crazymomquilts.blogspot.com... I apologize for not knowing how to add the address so that all you have to do is click on the blue address...
Old 01-24-2010, 08:40 AM

When my friend was in the nursing home, we had a sign on her locker, that said "family does laundry"..

maybe you should put a sign up, that says "family washes quilt", if her laundrey is done by the nursing home. Just a thought.
I marked all Dotties clothes and blankets with perm.Marker.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:24 AM

I suggest you use a very heavy flannel for the backing and no batting. The flannel will help keep the quilt from sliding off of the bed, her lap or whatever. Be sure and preshrink the flannel. As for the label I would write it right on the back of the quilt with a permanent marker. If you make a mistake you can always applique a label over top of it. It might be a good idea to write the label on the back before you assemble the quilt in case the marker or pen bleeds through.