Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What small quilt projects are you working on today?

Blog Entries
    Hi,

Wow, please post pictures so we can all enjoy!

I just learned how to paper piece Monday night and have made 4 blocks so far. Wow, so easy and fun!Thanks again Sharon for teaching me in the snow storm! Was fun!

I posted 2 of the blocks so far! I am going to start a blog just for show and tell of the things that I am making.

I need to get to bed, 3:27 a.m. Indiana time. oh my!

Karen

My camera made it look like the blocks are crooked, but not, hummm, need to figure out a better way to take pictures of them! (crazy camera)

My First Paper Piece Block 2/15/2010
    Name:  Attachment-9226.jpe
Views: 53
Size:  6.2 KB

2nd Paper Piece Block 2/15/2010
    Name:  Attachment-9227.jpe
Views: 58
Size:  7.3 KB

Finished a little baby doll quilt and pillow for my great niece, found it while cleaning and organizing sewing room :D Then cut out fleece for two toboggans, have about a dozen made, hope to get a couple more dozen then take to mission in town.

Both of my guilds are participating in the Million pillowcase project. I think I will whip up at least two pillowcases for each group and maybe a couple of Linus Quilts for the one meeting this thursday. They are actually going to be having a hands on workday. It is not physically good for me to drag my sewing machine etc. to the meeting for just a couple of hours. I will take hand sewing supplies so that I can help by sewing on labels etc. I currently have the parts of a T shirt quilt I am putting together for a customer laid out on my ping pong table. I guess I might get a little done on it today.

I'm working on a "Valentine Wall Hanging" I never finished. We are getting "snowed in" here in Ohio so I'll be ......sewing, sewing,and more sewing. ((hugs)) from "Snowey Ohio"

Quote Originally Posted by skpkatydid
    I am continuing to applique a large turtle shell for a wall hanging.

Congrates on the twin grandbabies!
    I would love to see pictures of this - I'm OBSESSED with turtles!

pattil - we're getting more snow too! it's the only way i've been able to get stuff done it seems!

-- I'm going to make a tote bag/purse out of some turtle fabric I've been hoarding for a few years, then use the scraps in a "scrappy" turtle quilt (also collecting/hoarding fabric for that for years).

-- I would love to get the tote finished, the turtle top pieced, and pieces cut for another wedding present today... ah such lofty goals...

Blog Entries
    Well the reverse applique idea went out the window. It just seems to waste a great deal of material. So instead I'm embroidering the third butterfly on my hand applique block. Then choosing what technique I'd like to try next.

I have been working on a "quilts for kids"lap quilt. Today I plan to put on the binding. And hopefully finish it up so I can get it mailed out. Happy Sewing to all!

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Working more on my GDD's quilt. If I can get off this board and get busy I should be able to finish the top today. If not today the top will be done by the weekend.

I'm working on baby shower favors and address cards for the new mommy (my niece)...will post pics when all done!!!

Kathi in PA

[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ed/tiletop.jpg[/IMG]

Moroccan Tiles by Far Flung Quilts.

Almost finished sewing binding on a quilt for church, then I have another top that needs to be pinned and quilted and a third quilt I'm working on the blocks. Am I the only one that can't stick with one project before starting another. I wake up and say, "Well, which one will I work on today." So many projects and so little time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cbuchanan
    Almost finished sewing binding on a quilt for church, then I have another top that needs to be pinned and quilted and a third quilt I'm working on the blocks. Am I the only one that can't stick with one project before starting another. I wake up and say, "Well, which one will I work on today." So many projects and so little time.
    A sign of a true quilter is having many projects in the works at the same time. You're are not the only one who can't stick to just one project! :lol:

I am going on retreat this coming weekend and have many things to bring with me. I'm going to be borrowing a friend's Bernina machine to do some stippling on a couple of small wall hangings, I plan on doing some Claudia's Quilt Shop mystery blocks, and will also be making the Notions Wall Hanging from Quilter's Cache.

I don't work on small projects, baby quilts are the smallest I ever do, haven't done one of those in years, next two will be baby quilts. This week I'm organizing my fabric, got a new big cabinet and folding it to get it where I can see it and see what I have. I have tons and tons.

I am going to finish binding my sons B-day quilt, and two table runners I'm making for gifts. If I could get my behind off this computer.... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    [IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...ed/tiletop.jpg[/IMG]

Moroccan Tiles by Far Flung Quilts.
    Debra I really like the Moroccan Tile you did. You did a very good job picking the colors. Is this going to be a table runner?

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    Hi,

Wow, please post pictures so we can all enjoy!

I just learned how to paper piece Monday night and have made 4 blocks so far. Wow, so easy and fun!Thanks again Sharon for teaching me in the snow storm! Was fun!

I posted 2 of the blocks so far! I am going to start a blog just for show and tell of the things that I am making.

I need to get to bed, 3:27 a.m. Indiana time. oh my!

Karen

My camera made it look like the blocks are crooked, but not, hummm, need to figure out a better way to take pictures of them! (crazy camera)
    Karen, did you draft you own blocks or are they a particular pattern. If they are patterns please let me know where you found them. Thanks.

What one project at a time?? No way, I wouldn't know how.. let see this week, bag for class, my bag redwork pocket, sunbonnet sue, pulled fabric for moose wall hanging, borders on Andy's, cut borders for star sampler, and cut borders for log cabin, and today loaded Andy's on the frame.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I am working on a doll quilt..also putting borders on another quilt....and then I nee dto clean sewing area...it's a bit out of hand right now.

I made a couple of lunch placemats with the sliverware holder, and have started on one to keep for myself.

Debra I really like the Moroccan Tile you did. You did a very good job picking the colors. Is this going to be a table runner?[/quote]

Yes, thank you for the compliment. I need to small things now and then to feel like I'm getting something done.

Sorry...I cut your name off the quote. I didn't want the pic to post again. I'll get the hang of this yet ;-)

I am working on 50 wallets to give at a Tea at my Mother's Church. I am the guest speaker April 24th for their Mother's Day Meeting. Sooooo I am making all the ladies a nice gift. I think they will love them.. I made the Wall Hanging and presented that to the Ladies Group last month and they loved it. They were so very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by boopisit
    I am working on 50 wallets to give at a Tea at my Mother's Church.
    That is really sweet of you! Those ladies are going to loooove you ;-)

That table runner is sooooooooooo beautiful! I love to work on table runners cause they aren't so big. And your right,"so much to do and so little time" my words exactly.

Looking for ideas to make a signature quilt for a family reunion as a gift for the hostess. Have to really get cracking as the reunion is in July. Want it to be really nice. Also starting my 8 year old granddaughter on her second project - a "Snowball" wall hanging. She has picked out the materials - I will do the rotary cutting - but she does everything else. I think we may have a quilter on our hands if I can teach her the value of patience. She wants to work up to entering a full size quilt in the local fair in January. Wish me luck on both projects.

I'm having my personal quilting olympics. While the TV is on to any competition, I am happily finishing up projects leftover from the summer, when I had more time to sew. On my table now - a small string pieced quilt, of batiks, will get donated. Also, a stack and slash with very spring-like colors - needed sashing and finally am getting around to it. Also a black and red quilt from a purchased pattern needs to be finished. I promised myself I would not start something new until these were done. That's motivation!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast