Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What small quilt projects are you working on today?

Blog Entries
    DebraK,

Wow, I love your blue table runner. What pattern did you use?

Karen

Blog Entries
    DebraK--lovely runner! Sounds like we all have been creating and can't imagine having only 1 or 2 projects to work on!

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    DebraK,

Karen
    The pattern was a gift at Christmas. It's called "Moroccan Tiles" by Far Flung Quilts. Here's one I did for a Steelers fan ;-)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by DebraK
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    DebraK,

Karen
    The pattern was a gift at Christmas. It's called "Moroccan Tiles" by Far Flung Quilts. Here's one I did for a Steelers fan ;-)
    I LOVE THIS ONE!!! I don't even like the Steelers (SHOCK!) but this is amazing!

[quote=jetnica
    I LOVE THIS ONE!!! I don't even like the Steelers (SHOCK!) but this is amazing![/quote]

Neither do I. She gave me the pattern and this was my thank you ;-)

Today I finished a table runner and two pocket holders for your credit cards that I found on one of the sites that another quilter had posted. Tomorrow I will finishing the top to a t-shirt. Having fun too.

Quote Originally Posted by rosalia856
    Today I finished a table runner and two pocket holders for your credit cards that I found on one of the sites that another quilter had posted. Tomorrow I will finishing the top to a t-shirt. Having fun too.
    I need to do some card holders. Did you follow a tutorial? Make your own pattern? Would love to see a picture ;-)

I need to do some card holders. Did you follow a tutorial? Make your own pattern? Would love to see a picture ;-)
    I found this tutorial online - haven't made it yet, but it's on my to-do list.

http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/pdfs/...ard_Keeper.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by jetnica
    I found this tutorial online - haven't made it yet, but it's on my to-do list.

I love that! hmmmm...ask me what little project I might be working on tomorrow ;-)

http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/pdfs/...ard_Keeper.pdf

I just spent the day cutting the colored half of 224 halfsquare Tri. for a pinwheel quilt. The block will only be 8" finished size & it is to be a queen size. So I got some work ahead of me. Also want to do a baby quilt for a new great niece that is coming in June. Plus lots of UFO's of course.

Four queen size quilt tops waiting to be quilted,

One wallhanging, watermelon and crow, to finish applique on,

One U.S. flag to put hanging sleeve on,

One baby quilt rolled into the quilt frame and ready to quilt tonight.

One Christmas lap quilt to have quilting thread ends tied and tucked for finish. Waiting on bright day light for that. Yes, nothing but clouds and snow for more than two weeks here.

Dresden Star wall hanging/lapthrow being pieced, here and there, when I need a break from . . . whatever LOL.

10 or 12 queen size quilt tops designed, kit-ed up, and waiting to be cut

6 or 7 throws or lapquilts in kits waiting to be cut and sewn,

12 seasonal wall hangings in a kit waiting for attention,

etc, etc, etc,

one of my lqs has what they call "accents" mini quilts by month that fit over one of those small 5x7 plastic easel frames.. each one has the same basic house pattern, with different accents for each month. found the place on a shop hop and bought all the months they had, and went back every month after to pick up the next one....

i have it on my desk at work....to remind me why i need that job..i have a hobby to support !!

Geez - when do you eat or sleep? I think it's great you have so many projects - sounds like me when I get on a roll which is every other day LOL

Kathi in PA

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dljennings
    one of my lqs has what they call "accents" mini quilts by month that fit over one of those small 5x7 plastic easel frames.. each one has the same basic house pattern, with different accents for each month. found the place on a shop hop and bought all the months they had, and went back every month after to pick up the next one....

i have it on my desk at work....to remind me why i need that job..i have a hobby to support !!
    Sounds cute. Are you talking about those clear plexiglass frames? Could you post a pic?

Blog Entries
    I am quilting a tablerunner. I learned to paperpiece by making a heart. I made six of them and then put them together and made the tablerunner. I am doing the quilting for some practice before I start quilting a quilt for my son.
    dljennings your "accent" mini sounds cute. Can we see a pic.

I am working on prayer shawls. They are going to be 24" X 60". My first one is Grandmother's Flower Garden. I think it is looking really nice so far.

Marilyn

Finished a Kindle Cover yesterday and today I'm cutting out a few more from my collection of fat quarters. I really enjoy short projects!

I am working on a schoolhouse block.

what is a kindle cover?

Kathi in PA

what is a kindle cover?

I need a small gift for Monday--going to do Court House Square (folded logs) pot holder. I made a bunch at Christmas and they went quickly.

received a request from 6 yr old DGD for a quilted sweatshirt, "pink this time", she has a 9 yr old sister so I need to make 2. Fabric on one, need to make an apron tomorrow, then the 2nd jacket.

i had to take some photos b4 i could post them these are the accents from one of my lqs ...

i found the shop during a hop, it is about an hour ride, and i didn't get all of the months they had for last year, so the february on is my idea.../Users/gordon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Mar 1, 2010/IMG_1286.JPG/Users/gordon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Mar 1, 2010//Users/gordon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Mar 1, 2010/IMG_1289.JPGIMG_1287.JPG/Users/gordon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Mar 1, 2010/IMG_1288.JPG

march
    Name:  Attachment-26064.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  81.1 KB

february
    Name:  Attachment-26135.jpe
Views: 6
Size:  67.6 KB

january
    Name:  Attachment-26136.jpe
Views: 7
Size:  82.5 KB

Oh, I just love those miniquilts. You did a great job with Feb. too.

At the last Sewing Festival here in Denver last month I bought the most adorable embroidered quilt pattern called Snowmen A to ZZZZZZ; it's from Crabtree Hill designs, the embroidery blocks are my 'small' project. Dang it I had to by one of those magnifying glasses that hang on your neck to do it.... I guess I'm gettting old. My Daughter got quite a kick out of seeing me wearing my cheaters and that glass !

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast