Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: What small quilt projects are you working on today?

Sorry, I forgot about the pattern. I will put it on my to do list.

Blog Entries
    cool idea to make Patriotic pinwheels for 4th of July table decorations and kids can play with them

http://www.modabakeshop.com/2010/06/...eels.html#more

I need to finish a teacher tote bag for my granddaughter's teacher. (School closes next Friday !) Then I'll put border on 2 quilts, then maybe start another Downy quilt. Meanwhile, my mind is racing ahead to what projects I'll make for Christmas fairs. Now's the time to get started on them !!!!

Thank you, craftybear, for this thread!! It's a great one! Can't wait to read it when I get the time!! Just read a few replies and how interesting and broad the answers!! :D :D

Blog Entries
    Finally getting back to the doll quilt for June Doll Quilt swap. kwiltkrazy has been so patient.

Having just picked up the hook, what are you working on?

I'm finishing up 5 more of these, using orphan blocks and scraps. My friends love these notebook journals.

[IMG]http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...d/journals.jpg[/IMG]

DebraK- cute journal covers! Did you use a pattern?

List my projects??? Too many to list! Need more time for quilting, etc. Don't we all! I love the processes-

Blog Entries
    Making treat or treat bags for nieces and nephews-I am pp a witch face for some and other small halloween pp patterns.

[quote=DebraK]I'm finishing up 5 more of these, using orphan blocks and scraps. My friends love these notebook journals.

I love your journal covers!! I need three small items for the end of Sept., I think I may make journal covers a little different than usual.

I'm making doll dresses for a fundraiser and thinking about autumn table runners!

I'm working on the second top of a set of baby quilts for my boss's twins - due in December. Both are girls, so the quilts are primarily pink and green.

Well, it's not a small project, but it is a project. I am working on stitch-in-the-ditch on a queen sized quilt. And, I am miserable right now. I read an article of how hard it is to sew a straight line. . . .well, I'm hating these ten ditch stitches right about now. I have no idea why this newbie-to-quilting quilter decided to do it instead of the free motion quilting that I was doing in the other section. No idea. Oh well, gotta learn. Thanks for the post and happy quilting!!! ;0)

Big pat on the back for your ambition! A little at a time?

I am working on hand-pieced mini-blocks that I reduced in size. The original blocks were meant to be 9" square. I am making mine 6" square and won't make as many--probably 9 in all. It is the commercial pattern: "Copy-Cat Quilts" that are tessellated cats done in 2 main colors. A cat is seen right-side up, then, when turned upside-down, the opposite colored cat is seen. I am constructing it without templates, instead using strips of fabrics in the 2 main colors. Yes, quite a challenge! I don't see how to include a photo here so....

Please post a photo in pictures. This board is the best way to learn & appreciate an online gallery!!

Thank you, I will. I am assembly-line piecing the blocks and haven't fully completed them yet. I will photograph the finished blocks for you. Then, after I assemble the blocks I will post a photo of that. I had this pattern many years ago when it appeared in, I think, the large Needlearts Magazine. But I have moved three times since and it got away from me. I searched for the pattern online and was blessed to find it. I found a photo of the pattern book and will try to add it here.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Pattil
    Those are just adorable. Have you ever seen the small quilts that fit over those plastic pictures frames that stand up? Those are also fun to make , and you can also do seasonal ones with those.
    I am not familiar with these. Can you describe how they are done? Any photos? Always looking for new unique ideas.

I am working on mini wall hangings.

I am finishing the binding on my lap quilt,kinda out of my box, so I am just now getting around to finishing it! Also, working on a two hour tulip purse. Thought I would make some for Christmas gifts but now I am wondering!

Quote Originally Posted by msuewhite
    Thank you, I will. I am assembly-line piecing the blocks and haven't fully completed them yet. I will photograph the finished blocks for you. Then, after I assemble the blocks I will post a photo of that. I had this pattern many years ago when it appeared in, I think, the large Needlearts Magazine. But I have moved three times since and it got away from me. I searched for the pattern online and was blessed to find it. I found a photo of the pattern book and will try to add it here.
    Okay, all done with my Copy-Cat Quilt. It measures approx. 24" square. The 'yarn balls' are actually Yo-Yos I made and tacked in place when the quilt was completely finished. Hope you like the photos!
    Attached Images Attached Images

msuewhite....that is really cute! Love the idea of the yo-yo's.

I'm finishing a bow tuck purse for a friend's birthday. They go over really well

I am not finishing ANY small project (BOO HOO) because I am still in the middle of that Bali Wedding Star. This thing is 34 squares and I will have 16 done by Sunday with the other 18 in some partial stage of completion.

I long for a small, simple project!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 LastLast