Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What spary bottle do you use >

What spary bottle do you use

What spary bottle do you use

Old 12-19-2012, 02:06 PM

Yes it does hold the same just easier to get it out of the devise you are using for it. You do need to use new glue LOL 5 years is a while however adding water may help liven that old stuff up. This method is not permenent just for holding together until you do the quilting then you wash the quilt and out it comes. It does need to be elmers school washable glue however. happy quilting yippie
Old 12-19-2012, 02:15 PM

ploverwi2 no need to feel silly. it is a way to baste you guilt together for quilting. look up elmers school glue spray. you can go to ehow.com how to ake elmer' glue spray. Someone on this board the other day did a tutorial on the drizzle method I tryed that also. Your glue needs to be fresh (not a few years old LOL) with the drizzle method you just use the glue right out of the little bottle it comes in drizzle a fine line in a grid, that was easy but hard on my hands until I added some water to the little bottle. BTW you lay you batting down then your top/bottom nice and flat fold your top/bottom half way back either short ways or long way (I did it long ways was easy) then from the center of the slowly lay fabric back and soth out as you go to the sides. I wish I knew who did the tutorial on that method the other day on this board. Hope that gets you up to speed. yippie
Old 12-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Just what are you using this spray glue on? What purpose? Thanks
peace
Old 12-19-2012, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by ube quilting View Post
Just what are you using this spray glue on? What purpose? Thanks
peace
It is a method of basting quilts and it's wonderful! No stitches to pick out and no pins to move during quilting!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:45 PM

Wow!! I'm away from the board for a while (DD had surgery) and what wonderful ideas crop up. I will definitely try this. If I can get it right it will be cheaper than 505.
Old 12-19-2012, 11:56 PM

It's used to hold your quilt sandwich together. Instead of pinning or basting, you glue it together.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
Ok ladies - I have never done this but I was curious about this post and googled the topic. I found this "e how to" tutorial - one of the comments was if it did not spray add a few more drops of dish soap.

http://www.ehow.com/how_6598712_make...lue-spray.html

Another note - if the Elmers is not brand new - it gets thick and gooey. Off topic - I have, at times, used straight Elmers instead of Eileen's when I was out and to quicken the drying I have use a pressing cloth and an warm Iron.
Thank you for the link - it had several articles of neat stuff you can do with Elmer's - looks like it is a versatile friend. :-)

Marysewfun
Old 12-20-2012, 07:53 AM

I don't think I will every baste this way, but who knows......anyway, when you do this then machine quilt doesn't all this glue get into places in your sewing machine, thus requiring repair costs????? just wondering.......
Old 12-20-2012, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I don't think I will every baste this way, but who knows......anyway, when you do this then machine quilt doesn't all this glue get into places in your sewing machine, thus requiring repair costs????? just wondering.......
So far (and I've done several this way) no! Of course I knock on my wood table every time I use it!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:33 AM

My spray starch bottle used to be a Windex bottle.