Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What spary bottle do you use >

What spary bottle do you use

What spary bottle do you use

Old 12-20-2012, 10:07 AM

You can get a gallon of Elmers glue on Ebay for about 15-20 dollars.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM

watch the video by Sharon Schambers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2hWQ5-ZccE

you can also order the tips (which are really small) on her web site.
Old 12-20-2012, 11:52 AM

So are you trying to make a basting spray to baste a quilt? That is what I get out of the conversation. Sounds interesting. I know I have a spray bottle for Olive Oil, and it doesn't come out in a nice mist either. I'm thinking I like the basic idea. I use Elmers all the time to hold down the back of my binding while I stitch in the ditch from the front of my quilts. They sell a product that looks just like Elmers but costs about 10 times more. I've been using glue for years. I will give this a try! BTW, I iron my binding to dry the glue, maybe you can do that to dry this spray, once you get it out of the bottlel that is! LOL!
Old 12-20-2012, 02:50 PM

Susan01948 Yes i am using it as a basting spray. SOOOoooo I added more soap and some water and it worked better. I ended up doing the drizzle method but I added water and soap to the bottle and held the bottle up high above the batting and it worked fantastic the quilts are all stuck together. I will let you all know how it worked during the quilting stage. I was going to quilt them today but I received a CRY FOR HELP from my daughter last night so off to her house to help with the grands kids 3.5 and 1.5 may DD is really sick and her hubby works nights and sleeps days. So the quilts will wait and dry and the other Grand daughters will have to wait for their quilts. thank you all and A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL yippie in California
Old 12-20-2012, 07:37 PM

I've never heard of this until now but will definitely give it a try. I've already got the glue. Thanks for all the info.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
I don't think I will every baste this way, but who knows......anyway, when you do this then machine quilt doesn't all this glue get into places in your sewing machine, thus requiring repair costs????? just wondering.......
The glue is dry before you get to the sewing machine, and is not gummy or sticky. Even if you don't iron it, it dries quite fast. Just be sure it is SCHOOL glue. Any brand will do.