Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
what it takes to change bulb in sewing machine >

what it takes to change bulb in sewing machine

what it takes to change bulb in sewing machine

Old 10-18-2010, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
My Janome 6500 takes small push in bulbs (looks like a LED light) and charges $4.99 per bulb. My husband sent me to the tractor supply store to get bulbs for the cab of his tractor. They looked very familiar and cost .51 each. I asked, they said bring in your old bulb. Guess what? Same bulb. Now I have lots of cheap spares.
I have long ago noticed that the minute the word 'art' or 'sewing' is placed on an item it immediately becomes twice the cost of the same item purchased at the hardware store. Same thing with the price of male vs female haircuts and clothing...
Old 10-18-2010, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by tjradj
Originally Posted by Shelbie
My Janome 6500 takes small push in bulbs (looks like a LED light) and charges $4.99 per bulb. My husband sent me to the tractor supply store to get bulbs for the cab of his tractor. They looked very familiar and cost .51 each. I asked, they said bring in your old bulb. Guess what? Same bulb. Now I have lots of cheap spares.
Doesn't that just rot your socks! I hate being taken advantage of. The same thing goes for any "medical" or "dental" supplies. When I worked in a dental office, we ordered a "burr holder" to put the drill bits in so they didn't get lost in the sterilizer. Cost a fortune.
It was a "tea infuser," available at any dollar store!
Argh!
I bought filters for my CPAP machine. They were in an opaque bag. The cost was $30 for 10 x 1" squares of quilting batting that we can buy in the el cheapo for $2.50 a metre....NEVER AGAIN will I let that company trick me.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:43 AM

I bought filters for my CPAP machine. They were in an opaque bag. The cost was $30 for 10 x 1" squares of quilting batting that we can buy in the el cheapo for $2.50 a metre....NEVER AGAIN will I let that company trick me.[/quote]

what is a CPAP?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:54 PM

Wait until you have to change the bulb in a Viking machine. A special bulb inserting device came with my machine. Do you believe it????
Old 10-19-2010, 01:47 PM

Brernia's have special little screw drivers for changing some of the feet on their machines. I was at a retreat, and they almost look like a phillips, but that doesn't work. Just something else to make your day.