Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room? >

What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room?

What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room?

Old 10-01-2013, 10:58 PM

Put an air matress on the floor of my sewing room.
Let DH store anything in there. Pretty soon he's taking over more and more. Our bedroom already is stacked high with papers, files, etc. since the office is in it.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:10 AM

Be very careful with hand sensing needles. DO NOT LOSE.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:38 AM

I will never spray baste again - in any room in the house. I was spraying with the quilt on the design wall, and had laid down old sheets on the floor, but got adhesive about 10 feet behind me (maybe the AC was on and blew it around). And since my shoes stuck to the sheet on the floor, the sheet got all bunched up and adhesive got on the floor, too. What a mess, I sure learned a lesson.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:57 AM

Well, I don't drink coffee so this wouldn't ever happen to me, but one thing I wish I would do is remember where all my projects are stored! I've labeled the containers which has helped but I'm still having to go through my drawers to find what I want. So that makes life more complicated when you know you have a certain project and can't find it!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:49 AM

Suggest to my husband that he cut a hole with a power tool IN my sewing room. I bought a new large bed sewing machine and asked my husband to enlarge the hole in the quilting table he had made me. I said, "Just cut in in here, it can't make too much mess." WRONG, WRONG!!! The new machine is odd shaped and fitting required many small cuts...UGH!!! There was fine dust ALL OVER....tool 8 hours of cleaning to get it all because my sewing room is lined with shelves. Carrying it out to the garage would have been MUCH easier!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:54 AM

well ---if I EVER get my mess purged and tidied up, I will NEVER let is get this way again. Yeah, right!
Old 10-02-2013, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by TrueColors View Post
Sometimes I wonder if I'll actually sew in there....haha. I think I spend more time and money shopping & planning my projects than actually working on them. And now, I've discovered this board, and am spending hours reading and replying instead of doing something.
Haha, I'm with you, TrueColors! I'm a big procrastinator, um, I mean planner...
Old 10-02-2013, 07:27 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

haha. I said the same thing. I thought it was just because it was a new thing (the QB) and the "newness" would wear off; I mean really, how much can you talk about sewing and quilting?! and yet almost EVERYDAY I grab a coffee and sit and read, chuckle, oogle the pictures and soak up the never ending tips and helpful suggestions here. The folks here have really boosted my confidence and given me ideas that have led to projects and quilts aplenty. Now if I could get past the FMQ terror-I could graduate into a "real quilter feeling".
Originally Posted by TrueColors View Post
Sometimes I wonder if I'll actually sew in there....haha. I think I spend more time and money shopping & planning my projects than actually working on them. And now, I've discovered this board, and am spending hours reading and replying instead of doing something.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:31 AM

as they say, LIVE AND LEARN . . . yep, been there. no hubby. did it my own dumb self. sigh
Originally Posted by Wintersewer View Post
Suggest to my husband that he cut a hole with a power tool IN my sewing room. I bought a new large bed sewing machine and asked my husband to enlarge the hole in the quilting table he had made me. I said, "Just cut in in here, it can't make too much mess." WRONG, WRONG!!! The new machine is odd shaped and fitting required many small cuts...UGH!!! There was fine dust ALL OVER....tool 8 hours of cleaning to get it all because my sewing room is lined with shelves. Carrying it out to the garage would have been MUCH easier!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:36 AM

yes!! I have 1 Rubbermaid tub and my daughter called me a hoarder! I wish I could AFFORD to hoard some. I told her that when I can afford to stack some on a shelf then she can laugh and toss the "H" word around. kids . . .