Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room? >

What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room?

What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room?

Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 AM

I'll never let fabric and stuff get piled this high again. It's so bad (disorganized) that I can't concentrate to work on a
project. Must start cleaning today, wish someone was here to help me. Will never let it get this bad again until NEXT time!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:41 AM

Good one, Angelia!

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR View Post
"What's aborning doing?"

"Oh, she's outside cutting her minky."

Old 10-02-2013, 08:47 AM

I will never allow my big, black, constantly shedding dog into my sewing room/glass studio again. It's bad enough that I can't keep my pure white cat out if the door is open, but BLACK and WHITE fur all over EVERYTHING . . . more than I can handle! My room is the only place my DH never goes unless he's invited in to view something on the design wall. That means, none of his mess makes it into my space! YEAH!!!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:04 AM

A couple of things I will never do again:

Take the smaller spare bedroom as my sewing room. I squeezed the queen sized bed for visitor's into a my old sewing nook, a tiny bedroom/office. why make them too comfortable?

Store anything that is not sewing related in the closet or in the room. Clothes, waders, toys in the closet - a project for when I have time.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:11 AM

I have had blue carpet, black carpet, creme carpet, green carpet-ALL show dog/cat hair and lint, strings and fluff. Even the hard wood floors show stuff. Only cure-no pets-no sewing-no living!

Ain't gonna happen!!!!

I also do the bills-it is easier for us as my DH travels and I use the internet for bill paying. They come in, I record them, and then I file. Never leave the computer desk and the best part-no more mess!!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by cherrio View Post
haha. I said the same thing. I thought it was just because it was a new thing (the QB) and the "newness" would wear off; I mean really, how much can you talk about sewing and quilting?! and yet almost EVERYDAY I grab a coffee and sit and read, chuckle, oogle the pictures and soak up the never ending tips and helpful suggestions here. The folks here have really boosted my confidence and given me ideas that have led to projects and quilts aplenty. Now if I could get past the FMQ terror-I could graduate into a "real quilter feeling".
I'm with you-FMQ scares me to death. Lessons coming up.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:33 AM

Thankfully this can never happen again as I again have my own room and have learned my lesson!

I will never let my DH in my quilting area with a computer saying " I won't take up much room, it's only to pay bills." A desk, file cabinet, shredder, computer and related paper mess later, I should have just said "No, get on out, to your shop area, or your garage, or the RV building, not here!"
Old 10-02-2013, 09:49 AM

I used to do all my crafts and painting in my sewing room. I have carpet in there and was painting a Christmas decoration when something slipped and I threw up my hand and hit a bottle of paint and all over the carpet it went. Where the bottle fell it was a big pool. I was never able to get it all out. All my painting supplies left that room that day never to return.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:27 AM

Carpet, no, no, no, NONE!
Old 10-02-2013, 12:02 PM
Power Poster

No miss haps yet. I gladly pay the bills and keep up the check book. I had to start paying the bills and balancing the checkbook in the 60s. My Husband had it so messed up I had to learn how to do it. He doesn't even care how much is in the account. He just charges small purchases and uses his credit card. It is up to me to make it all work.