Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you do with this fabric?

it looks beautiful and I love the colors, I would fussy cut it in big blocks

I made a warm wishes and really like it alot for certain fabrics, I think that this might be nice for that pattern....

i would cut the repititions into heart shapes and applique them

Blog Entries
    Backing fabric on a quilt for my aunt is how I would use it.
    Chris
    I meant to behave......but there were too many other options

Red face Wow!

Cut as large as possible maybe use it as a panel and surround it with complimentary fabric made into your favorite blocks. It is gorgeous fabric. Have fun.

Looks delightfully romantic and Victorian! Not seasonal at all to my mind. Would have been perfect in the Victorian house I used to live in. I can see it fussy cut for a quilt, as is for the bedskirt and padded headboard. Would also be lovely in a wall hanging. Maybe even for a tote, as is on one side and fussy cut design on the other.
    legendarycandles.com
    Just discovered I qualify for FABLE (Fabric Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy)

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I wouldn't go anywhere near it. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen anything I like less than that. Sorry.
    Glad I am not the only who thought this way.
    It's kind of gaudy for my tastes. Just my opinion.
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)
    “If you can’t see a mistake from 12 feet away, it doesn’t exist, and there are no perfect quilts and that helps a lot,” .......Greg Biornstad

I would use the 24inch before repeat as the center panel and then make contrasting colors in block around it. Also incorperate your swan material in those blocks going around this panel of 24 inches. Then a dark purple or blue inner border and then your swan material as the outer border. Hearts are not alway for valentines but stand for love. I really "love" this material. Good luck.

I would either fussy cut it for big sashed blocks or attic windows or add borders, using it as is, and outline quilt it.

Quote Originally Posted by sewmary View Post
    I wouldn't use it at all! Too sweet for me. Makes my teeth ache! Good thing we all have different tastes and opinions.
    Me too - It looks like the back cover of a Victorian romance novel!
    Perfectly done for what it is , so compliments to the designer!
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

Blog Entries
    Kalidiscope or OBW. Distance between repeats will allow you to know how much fabric (number of repeats) you need to make what size quilt. I've made bedsize Stack-n-Whack quilts, wall hangings and mini's out of the same fabric. 60 degree triangles and Bethany Reynolds techniques. Repeats are normally measured along the striaght grain, and the closer the repeats are, the less fabric you will need for your kalidiscopes. You will be cutting your strips along the cross-grain, and the cutting your triangles from those. Most of the patterns call for 8-wedge triangles which means that you need enough fabric to stack 8 layers of repeats. Your fabric is lovely and here are enough colors, angles, and interesting shapes in the design with just enough background that it would make a fantastic Stack-n-Whack. To me, the fabric "says" love.
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
    OBW or similar pattern. It would look pretty for the focus block of Warm Wishes also.
    I agree. Good luck.
    Alma
    Nami to 6

I love the fabric. I do hope that it will be for sale and I will stumble over it. It can be used for many patterns. I would probably use it as a fussy cut or a backing. It is really beautiful.
    when life gets you down go and talk with a little kid. They will help you work out even the worst problems with their simple logic.

I think you should get rid of it want to send it to me I really like it (just kidding but I do like it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics View Post
    The heart with the swan in it is about 5" across, and the (vertical) repeat is 24".

It has hearts... but the colors aren't traditional "Valentine's Day" colors.

Does it come across as seasonal to you?

How would you use this?
    Debbie in Tn

That is beautiful!!!!! Do you have it in stock? PM me if you do
    Patricia

Super Member Central Ohio Quilter's Avatar
    Sorry to say that if I found that fabric in my stash, I would quickly put it up for sale here. I would not like to make anything with it. It is not my cup of tea at all!

No help here, but gorgeous fabric.

I think it is absolutely beautiful. I would use it as a quilt with borders. I love girly and not so girly. I love all the colors in it. As I love most colors, maybe not all together.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Oh, so pretty! I'd use it in a bathroom on the wall...as wallpaper! It's gorgeous! Yeah, I know...I was no help at all. lol
    Being skinny isn't easy, so I gave up and opted for being sexy instead. (aunty acid)

OBW or some type of kaleidoscope quilt. It's very pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by PurplePassion View Post
    I would use it as a wallhanging . or a big block design or the backing . It looks too pretty to cut!!! Who makes it? and would you be selling it??
    Yes, too pretty to cut;but also too busy. I would leave it in the store.
    One step at a time, always forward.

I know girls that would be thrilled to have their bedrooms decorated with these colors! Picking matching solid colors would be perfect for larger things, and use this print for quilt borders, pillow shams, accent pillows and curtain valances. Little housecoats and sleep-over bags would add to their personalized theme too! Strips of it would be perfect to decorate bath towels. Thanks for posing the question, Nan!

Not seasonal at all, but I'm in the minority, I don't like it at all. Reminds me of bathroom wallpaper for some reason.

FavoriteFabrics ... You often put threads like this about fabric ... what would you do with this? how would you use this fabric? etc.

Do you do this to get an idea about what people think about fabric, to decide whether to order it?

I don't think I've ever seen you say your opinions about the fabric. And I know some think it's because you have the fabric and don't know what to do with it yoursself, though I don't think that's the case.

Hope you will share a little ........ Thanks!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sew many ideas ... just sew little time!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Blog Entries
    BQ2, match 2 other fabrics that is in this one and showcase this one as the big block.I would also fussy cut the bigger block from this fabric. But that is just my idea. What ever you do will be pretty because you have pretty fabric to start with.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast