Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What would you do with this? Progress pic added 11-9

I like the ideas of a few different borders too. What about prairie points for the binding? Personally I just love them, and I thinking they would complement the flying geese really well.

I just love this quilt. Was looking at it just the other day thinking what fabric can I use in this quilt.

This is what I would do (only because I love borders and 18 inches is a lot of space to cover).

First, 1 or 2 skinnier borders to pen in those flying geese. I like the darker colors.
    Then a border of the cream, about the withe of the first 2 combined, or double the one (if you only use one)
    Next, some more of those flying geese because they are beautiful (You did a beautiful job) and it would bring an element from inside the quilt to the borders (which is something I like to do).
    Then repeat the cream border.
    Then repeat the first 1 or 2 borders.

That is a beautiful quilt!

Blog Entries
    I just love all the colors you really do some beautiful work i'm sure it will turn out beautiful with what ever you decide pls. show us a picture when it's none.I'm so glad i found this place

Whatever you do with it I'm sure it will be georgious! If you are wanting to make the top bigger before you put your borders on you could put strips on either side of the Flying Geese, then put your borders and then Prairie Points on the edge. I think that would compliment the Flying Geese design in the quilt. Just some ideas. Hope you figure out some thing you really really love. :lol:

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input. Now I'm trying to figure out how to draw on the border part in EQ...hmmmm...sometimes I think the technical stuff only slows me down..Ya'll gave me some great ideas..now I just have to make up my mind!

I absolutely love it...it's so pretty!

If it was me and I had enough of the fabric, I would continue with the same theme even in the drop. It is gorgeous and I would want to see that on all sides.

Blog Entries
    This one is a possibility. I think DH likes the triple borders and then the background with applique, then a repeat of the triple borders. I'm going to order the extra fabric I need on Mon. Now to come up with an applique design.. :lol:

Sorry, I don't know how to convert this to a jpeg and also, still don't know why it is just a line drawing. :?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That would be absolutely gorgeous!!!! This quilt is fabulous!!

Lots of work, girl!! Very pretty. I would put a small burgandy border followed by a larger cream border. The burgandy would make the burgandy in the quilt pop.

i think after the wide border and the flying geese there should be a 2" border in one of the deeper colors to finish the whole thing off and kind of 'outline' it.

It is beautiful, I love the colors you chose. Hmmmm, well I think you should send it to me. :) lol

I love this. Love the colors. Thx for sharing. Good luck!

Blog Entries
    Ok..now this one is the final decision and I'm moving forward with it. The applique pattern will probably change as I cut out things and play with the layout, but this is basically what it will end up being. Thank you all for the ideas!

DH's quilt

Sandpat, your quilt is amazing. I love your border and am glad your final color is the burgandy. I can't wait to see the final quilt.

Oh my gosh, i don't know how i missed this thread 'til now, your quilt is so gorgeous!!!!! I LOVE your choice of the wide border with the applique, this is such a beautiful romantic quilt, i can hardly wait to see it finished, beautiful :) :) :)

This is such a beautiful quilt. Could you extend the flying geese down the valance?

Sandpat, your love quilt is so nice. I am sure your DH will love it no matter what borders you put on. You can certainly see all the love that has gone into it!!!

:D what a beautiful quilt! i would add a 2" burgandy border all around, then (cut 2 1/2) add some of the floral as another border, 4" (4 1/2) and perhaps the dark green as the rest to finish it up. you could do the green first and end with the burgandy. you must be proud! :D

I love the quilt! If this were mine, I would add 2 narrow borders in green and a gold, then finish with a larger border in the browns you used in the quilt and do prarie points that would mimick the flying geese . That would give you the drop needed for your bed..
    What ever you do decide, I am sure it will be wonderful. You could also repeat some of the pattern from the quilt top along the sides.
    Good luck. I hope to see it when it is complete.

Blog Entries
    I agree with some of the rest, a color next, either gold or the darker reddish material. If you don't have enough of those prints introduce another print same color but different and you could put in the corner blocks also. It seems to me that multiple borders are the way to go with maybe some vines in the lighter one. if you want. It is gorgeous. I don't think you could mess it up. Make the drop generous, and check the height of your mattress. those things have gotten so thick, lots of my old quilts just barley cover them or are too short now. It's not fun to add on to a quilts edges, (I've done that)So if you haven't gotten a new mattress in the last five years prepare it to cover one for when you do.

Hi Judy, I love your Santa quilt! How long have you been quilting? Soozi

Sandpat, give us an idea of what you have decided....anxiously awaiting to see what you have chosen to do.

Blog Entries
    lisa i alway in enjoy your picture of your son and his dog just love your picture great shot

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast