Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you do? >

What would you do?

What would you do?

Old 07-31-2018, 12:02 PM

My local county fair would love to get more quilts. The last couple of years have just been sad to see such a small amount of quilts. Got ahead and do it!
Old 07-31-2018, 01:15 PM

Well, I think the vote is unanimous!!! ENTER It. Aside from all the logic stated above, there is nothing like walking into the building and seeing your quilt hanging on the wall (with or with out a ribbon). You get to see it from a new perspective. Enjoy the experience!
Old 07-31-2018, 01:42 PM

By all means, enter it! I love looking at all the fair quilts, it's an inspiration to make a new quilt, finished one or get off the computer and sew!
Old 08-03-2018, 04:25 PM

Enter it,please. If this quilt helped you find some joy and peace while you were working on it,(I do hope it did)Seeing it on display will give you that final bit of pride and satisfaction.We seem to doubt ourselves way to much.What is the worst that can happen,no one votes for it? No one will see it if you do not enter, to me that would be the biggest error.It is your first FMQ, so I say be proud of your work. It can only get better. I have never entered a quilt before, but I work for many quilters and they have seen my quilting and I was self taught. These wonderful ladies have offered much advise that has helped my quilting.I have never done a FMQ, I only use pantograph patterns so you are already leaps and bounds beyond me.I for one would love to see you quilt on display.So again I say Enter it.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:01 PM

Read those comments! It's rather unanimous, isn't it? :-)

I never imagined my apple pie would take a blue ribbon. And I had a pretty ordinary collection of skeleton keys that I stapled to a board, and that took a ribbon in the collections category. But the best surprise story I've heard is that one posted by Betty62!! Great story, there!

And then I had other things I entered that ended up being just there for people to see, I can't remember what. I brought an antique end table once. I find it's fun just to participate. I like to see what people bring for the different categories at our county fair, particularly the art made by children.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:04 PM
Power Poster

Enter it! If they take it, it is good enough. I always enjoy seeing all the different quilts and more often then not it is the less perfect ones I enjoy seeing the most.