Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What would you do with these? >

What would you do with these?

What would you do with these?

Old 07-05-2010, 03:29 PM

i would never work with anything that small myself, so if i didn't want to waste them i would donate them to a kindergarten class. most schools can't afford much in the way of art supplies these days.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:07 AM

Would you please explain what a "leader & ender" quilt is? This sounds like something I would do. Thanks
Old 07-07-2010, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by jdavis
These are scraps leftover from my "Uncle Sam's Kaleidoscope" quilt.....
What would you do with them?

In case the colors don't show very well, they are red, white and blues. There is one off-white print.
Send them to me. The colors are beautiful.
Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

perhaps pinwheels?
Old 07-13-2010, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

perhaps pinwheels?
Old 07-13-2010, 01:51 PM

Has anyone explained , leader and ender quilt to you yet?? I have been looking and sofar no answer. If you got a PM would you please share it with me, I want to know too.

Originally Posted by Weed
Would you please explain what a "leader & ender" quilt is? This sounds like something I would do. Thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Chrickett
Has anyone explained , leader and ender quilt to you yet?? I have been looking and sofar no answer. If you got a PM would you please share it with me, I want to know too.

I hope I'm not jumping in here out of line but to my understanding a "leader" is a sm. scrap of fabric you put down ahead the needle to start stitching on ahead of your main fabric. This avoids the first cpl. of stitches from pushing the edge of your fabric down into the hole. I've never used an ender but I think it's a sm. scrap of fabric at the end of your stitching that you just run onto at the end of your seam.
If this is wrong, I hope somebody can correct me.

Old 07-14-2010, 03:27 AM

That Makessence to me, only I call it a spider, with all the strings hanging off. thank you for the explination, havea good day

Originally Posted by Pat G

I hope I'm not jumping in here out of line but to my understanding a "leader" is a sm. scrap of fabric you put down ahead the needle to start stitching on ahead of your main fabric. This avoids the first cpl. of stitches from pushing the edge of your fabric down into the hole. I've never used an ender but I think it's a sm. scrap of fabric at the end of your stitching that you just run onto at the end of your seam.
If this is wrong, I hope somebody can correct me.

Old 07-26-2010, 04:11 PM

Save them for down the road to do a crazy patch quilt. They would lay nicely edge over edge and stitch once leaving rough edges on both sides. When all the fabric pieces have been added and you expand the layout as you go until you reach your desired size, there will not be any one piece the same and it looks nice from either side, wrong side or not. I did this years ago and made a quick yet fashionable table cloth for the picnic basket. All my utensils are red/white/blue so even the colors worked well. Or you could donate the pieces to a local quilt club. There are many that would love the fabric.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:11 AM

http://quiltville.com

one of the best sites for scrap users. If you get to the home page, on the left hand side is a menu, and one of the links is to the leader and header formula/technique. Bonnie Hunter's site is worth bookmarking and spending days reading ... she is very generous with her scrap organizing tips, quilt patterns for scrap quilters, and very easy to read. Her books are worth EVERY dime. <wave>