Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Space For Sewing and Quilting >

What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Space For Sewing and Quilting

What Would Be Your Ideal Dream Space For Sewing and Quilting

Old 06-12-2016, 07:31 PM

Does your husband use his office? Would he consider trading places?
Old 06-12-2016, 07:33 PM

That last post was for Lindaschipper
Old 06-12-2016, 10:34 PM

A big space with everything In it. Cutting area, sewing area for piecing and embroidery, long arm, treadle, large pressing area big enough to sandwich on as well, a soft comfy chair to hand sew or use the lap top, room to display my notions and quilts, a bookcase for books.bookcases for fabric storage and a large display area.

I think I need a new house.
Old 06-12-2016, 10:56 PM

It would be a screened in porch with a view of a lake, in a mild climate. The porch would also look over a self-weeding perrenial garden that would always have something in bloom. It would be big enough for a long arm that I don't currently own. Lots of natural light. An awesome sound system to play music. A nice flat screen and comfy reclining loveseat to cuddle with DH in the evenings while he watches the news and sports and I do some hand stitching.

For or now I have a great sewing table that expands to hold the bulk while I'm quilting and my machine sits flush with the table top. It's on wheels so whichever room I wheel it into becomes my sewing space. Most importantly, the kids are grown, I am retired so I have the time to sew as much as I want now.

Last edited by OhCanada; 06-12-2016 at 11:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2016, 11:27 PM

My quilting studio would be a freestanding room built over a small lake facing into the evening sunsets with a porch on the back where I could have morning coffee breaks in the sun. One entire wall would be a window with loads of natural light coming in. It would have my current sewing machine, a long arm, loads of storage, a huge cutting/layout table and a fabric stash that looks like my LQS. There would be a music system, coffee station, a powder room and a big, comfy armchair for hand sewing. Most importantly, I would have my fairy based in the main house where she would do the laundry, house cleaning and cook meals! I love to dream!!!

Ha, ha, OhCanada, I posted my comment then read yours and was surprised to see how similar it was! I love the way you think!