Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this morning??? >

What are you doing this morning???

What are you doing this morning???

Old 10-07-2012, 05:45 AM

fighting with the cat for control of the keyboard, drinking coffee, and thinking about loading a quilt
Old 10-07-2012, 06:34 AM

Ended up straightening up my room, so I can work a little easier yesterday...Been hand quilting a queen size for my DD this morning..May just continue working on that the rest of the day. If not, I have a new purse pattern to work with..Depends on if I feel like taking it easy or actually do some thinking...
Sometime today I will be running out to Joannes to pick up a few things for my secret santa, and stop to look at a house for sale I am interested in...Hoping not to be out and about TOO long...
Have a productive/restful day everyone!!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 AM

Im looking to finish quilting a tree skirt im working on for my aunt for Christmas. i hoping to get it ready and shipped out so that she can have it for the first of December. I'm not sure how to finish the quilting so im playing around with ideas in my head. Hopefully will be able to add the first border to the quilt i am making for my dad for Christmas. Im also working on a small item i have been wanting to make, not 100% sure on how to do it so fiddling around trying to figure it out. It is a long weekend here in Canada (thanks giving) but i still work tomorrow for the time and a half pay. 78 days till Christmas. I had better also make a list of things i need done by then! AHH!
Old 10-07-2012, 06:53 AM

Rearranging living room furniture is what I'm doing, with DH's help if he ever gets up. For the summer months we change the furinture around a bit so the AC can circulate more fully but if I didn't have company coming tomorrow to motivate me it would stay that way until next summer. May in Jersey
Old 10-07-2012, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by carolaug View Post
What a great idea...what's cooking in the crockpot?
It is one of a quilters best friends in the kitchen. there are all sorts of recipies online for a crockpot. It is just a slow cooker. for example I love to do a roast in mine. I just put the roast in with about 1/4 cup water and let it cook for about 8 hours. Them first nite I just have to make a microwave potatoe and a verggie or salad which I start about 30 min before DH walks in the door.(shhhhh! by the way. he doesn't need to know. he thinks I put in a couple of hours in the kitchen,hahahaha) the next nite I may add a little seasoning to some of the left overs and use it for mex night for burritos or tacos with maybe a salad or corn on the cob. the rest usually go into something like a stew or soup or mayne even a chilli. you can of course make smaller pieces of meats. I hear some people even make deserts in them but i haven't tryed that. but while it makes it fast to get in and out of the kitchen and it slowly cooks for 8 hours and doesn't need to be watched so that is 8 hours i get to sew or whatever. alot of my freinds put in a can of cream of mushroom soup and a dry package of onion soup mix and that will make the meat and its own gravy. then they serve it over mashed potatoes. it can be any kind of meat. i love making ribs in it the meat just falls off of the bone and take it out of its grease and warm some bbq sause to dredge it in before putting on the platter. that won't make it more than one meal cause it is all gone. lol. The worse part is the animals go crazy smelling the meat cooking all day.Of course my favorite part is it that once served up you can make it look like you put a lot of work in DHs meal while being able to do quilting or whatever instead of sweating it out in the kitchen. Yeah!!

Last edited by crtwelvecats; 10-07-2012 at 07:21 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
What do you do when you have too much stuff and not enough room?
I think this is a fairly common condition.

I'm trying to limit what I bring in - and move some of what I have OUT!

I'm sorting through some of the boxes of textiles I brought home from my Mom's estate.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:34 AM

I finished filling up one bin, so now to my other challenge...I do two rows a day on my latch hook rug. I use 1 to 1 1/2 inch scraps. It takes a lot of fabric...totally amazed how much it does use. The rug is nice and heavy. Once done I will use rug binding or burlap on the edge. Well off to do two rows and then I can bring to quilt. ; )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367821[/ATTACH]
I LOVE this, can't you tute how to do it?
Old 10-07-2012, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by happyquiltmom View Post
Looks like Locker Hooking, not latch hook. The tool looks like a large crochet hook with an eye in the end. We carry a book at the LQS where I work, entitled "Fabric Locker Hooking" by Kathleen Carpenter. She gives step-by-step instructions on how to do this technique. It's a great way to use up your crappy WM fabric.
Thank you, didn't see this before I posted my question.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

I am staying home today, as not feeling the best. Am hoping to work on swap stuff, and misc. quilting projects.
Perhaps make a pot of soup later. Right after a nap!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:07 AM

I have never seen this before. What exactly is it? and how do I learn how to do it?

Teresa

I finished filling up one bin, so now to my other challenge...I do two rows a day on my latch hook rug. I use 1 to 1 1/2 inch scraps. It takes a lot of fabric...totally amazed how much it does use. The rug is nice and heavy. Once done I will use rug binding or burlap on the edge. Well off to do two rows and then I can bring to quilt. ; )
[ATTACH=CONFIG]367821[/ATTACH]