Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing? >

What are you doing?

What are you doing?

Old 03-19-2020, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by cashs_mom View Post
My husband and I run a small business and we are still working and hoping for the best. I'm so glad to hear people enjoying their time at home. It seems like so many people think of staying home as a kind of punishment. I love my home time!
I agree, i love being able to stay home now that I am semi retired. I think of those who own small businesses and hope they can weather the storm...DH and I just sold one of our small businesses and simply closed the second one which was woman’s retail clothing store. Retail has changed drastically over the past 12 years as so many folks shop on line...

I did a thorough tidying of my sewing room yesterday and am working on a paper piecing project that didn’t get finished from a class I took at Quilt Con last year in Nashville. I will also tackle the 5th row from Sugaridoo Bernina QAL that has just been posted. Be well fellow quilters.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:15 AM

The pantry is organized and stocked now. The laundry is done. I shopped for groceries for DD yesterday. It would have been challenging for her to navigate the stores with her 3 year old. We are keeping him home from daycare right now. She is now stocked up too.

A friend and I have determined that our food choices will be interesting and may not be the normal routines in the coming weeks.

I am using this time to paint the trim around the windows on our house. We are installing hurricane shutters in the next couple of weeks so this is a perfect time for a spruce up. Next, I'll work on a dinosaur quilt on the embroidery machine for grandson. I used some scrap strips and made a couple of placemats. They just need to be sandwiched and quilted. I wanted to try making bread but there isn't any yeast in our stores right now. That task will have to wait for another time.

May you have happy stitching times and enjoy your days at home!
Old 03-19-2020, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

The only thing I'm really bummed about is our visit to see our sweet baby this weekend. I'm so glad we have facetime or else I'd go crazy missing her. We've gotten daily pics too since the day she was born. It helps (a little)
Old 03-19-2020, 05:23 AM

I am attacking my scraps to make donation quilts. That is usually what I do in January and it is a real chore to get started but love the results.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:34 AM

I am doing the two thing I am usually doing since I am a homebody anyway. I get on the computer first thing with a cup of coffee in the early morning then it is onto my sewing. I have 2 projects I am working on right now my Boom 24 blocks and a QAYG quilt I am making. It is about 1/2 finished. The Boom blocks right now are the priority. Other than those kind of sewing things I have a couple small charity quilts to work on.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:35 AM

I am so envious! My husband and I are among millions who are out of country and cannot get home. This country is in total lock-down; no flights either domestic or international; restrictions on ALL outdoor activities except those deemed essential ; cars off the road by 5:00; curfew for people from 9:00 pm to 5:00 am. We feel quite safe but we do want to return home.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:28 AM

I've been piecing and appliquing on a quilt I've had kitted for over a year so it feels wonderful to finally work on it. Plus, I started a fun project that will be a wall hanging that includes applique and lots of hand embroidery, buttons..etc.....this is my "Life in Isolation" memory project. Lol... I do a little bit a day.
Old 03-19-2020, 07:52 AM

I cut out a new purse. Have not started to sew it yet maybe today. I cannot stop watching cnn.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:21 AM

Nothing has changed for us. Hubby is still getting up super early and driving the 85 miles to work everyday. I'm grateful that the jobsite hasn't decided to close down yet. Each day is a blessing. I'm a stay at home mom, so absolutely nothing has changed for me! I'm a home body and really don't like going out anyway. I don't get much sewing time, but enjoy what little I can get.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Sailorwoman View Post
My husband and I are among millions who are out of country and cannot get home. This country is in total lock-down;restrictions on ALL outdoor activities except those deemed essential .
Where are you? You can't go outside even to just sit on your own porch?
We've had sun and moderate temps lately, I've been trying to spend at least half an hour outside every day, in my own yard of course. The fresh air and sunlight do wonders for my mental health.

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
I cannot stop watching cnn.
You're braver than me. I turned off all news. Again - it's doing wonders for my mental health.