Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing? >

What are you doing?

What are you doing?

Old 03-19-2020, 08:36 AM

I am a stay at home mom, so my life hasn’t changed much. The kids I babysit stayed home this week. I went to a dear friend’s house on Monday and cut fabric for three projects. I’m going to her house again today and will start the process of cutting my drawer of scraps into useful sizes. We discussed the risk factor and we both feel that, for us, it is low. We are both homebodies and don’t go out much. It is also her birthday today, so it’s important to me to at least try to make it special by seeing her.

Before the social distancing and isolation recommendations came about, I started ordering my groceries online for pick up. It started as a way to save time. Shopping with a chatty and eternally curious four year old can be challenging at times. It also saves me money by not purchasing unneeded items that I pass in the aisles.

My husband works as a Personal Care Assistant at an assisted living facility so he is still working but his employer has also limited their exposure to the public greatly.

I’m so grateful to have a hobby that keeps me occupied! I wish good physical and mental health for all in this time.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:37 AM

My Mother is in end of life care, and recently rallied, no rules there, so any visitors, no masks, no social distancing. Being in the older category and with health issues, I am having great difficulty visiting. I feel as a daughter I should visit, but when I think about my health, I am very concerned about visiting. This is a great problem for me!!!
So what I have been doing is visiting when she typically doesn't get any visitors and limiting my time. Big dilemma and causing a lot of anxiety!!!
Old 03-19-2020, 12:34 PM
Power Poster

I am totally unmotivated. I don’t like feeling trapped at home but I am grateful to be retired on a secure pension and realize so many have it worse. The son is is sick so we go between our houses - most nights at his house. I have identical sewing machines set up at both places and no good reason I can’t sew but for now my mojo is the only thing cruising around outside. But one day it will return so I just roll with it.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:42 PM

I'm a teacher so I've been spending time figuring out how to put my classes online. We can't get into our rooms, so I'm pulling things together with what I brought home and my online resources. This is new for my students and for me. Our governor has closed schools until April 17. DH is home and I've got a list of things for him to fix. DS is working doing online work and is doing fine.

However, I did make a Bionic Gear Bag that I'd had cut out for months. It's so cute! I'm going to make two more as time permits. I have some cross stitch and knitting projects to work on too.

I'm checking in by phone with my elderly mom and aunts. I do worry about them.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:23 PM

Today, I met with a contractor who'll rebuild our entry deck.

Our church has a new pastor and family. They're close to our DD age, so could easily be out children. She has a work from home job and now has 4 children at home. For 2 weeks now 1/wk I've helped her cook dinner. There's no C-19 in our local and we call each other to check on health. Last week we made chicken enchiladas and an extra pan. It's all gone. Also fruit and a kole family slaw. They ate all of that too. This week was chicken and dumplings and fruit salad. As I left the kids were digging in with gusto.

It's good to socialize some and help out. And I'm getting to know them.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

I have a doxie dog quilt I am trying to assemble into a top. It is fighting me the whole way. I guess I will prevail, but, it is disheartening to do this much work piecing and be in so much trouble just sewing long sashing strips. Crazy but, there you have it. I will go up and struggle again today and muddle through. My avatar is the pillow to it that has been finished for a long time.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:49 AM
Power Poster

Since the parents of the grands are working from home and have to have quiet when talking to clients I am keeping the grands during the day. I am loving every minute of it. I can sew anytime but don't get to keep the grands anytime. We have baked, played games, doing puzzles, played with fabric scraps, take walks, and read stories. Ages 5, 6, 7 and occasionally 7 months old is here. My stay at home days go buy faster then ever.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:37 PM
Power Poster

I am happy to stay home. I dug out a hand sewing project i started years ago and trying to finish it. Happy just sitting here sewing.

Prayers to Maggie Sue. Take care of yourself.
Old 03-21-2020, 05:05 AM

Staying in here. Fortunately both DH and I are retired, so we are not yet experiencing the financial hardship of those younger folks who have been put out of work by Covid-19. I’m a bit of an introvert, so am less bothered by not being able to leave the house and yard than is DH, but he is also coping well. He loves to cook and has been being very inventive in the kitchen. We’ve also both been spending time connecting with friends on social media and talking about what we’re having for dinner or doing around the house and checking in by phone with my elderly parents to see how they’re handling this. And, as always, I’ve been playing in my studio most days once I’m done with house chores. Today I’m going to finish quilting the central panel of a BOM I’ve been working on. Then will put that away and work on a couple of UFOs that I want to get finished by the end of the month! Like SewingSuz, I am still watching CNN and local news because I want to stay informed, but am trying to limit my watching to just a bit each day.

I find that reading QB and keeping my hands busy helps me overcome the anxiety that this current situation is causing.

sending virtual hugs to all my QB friends

Rob

Old 03-25-2020, 01:43 PM

Working on a string quilt using patriotic themed fabric. It will go to my Guild's contribution to the Honor Flight Program. Keeping the faith that all these things wil! happen this year. Happy I bought a bolt of muslin that Hobby Lobby had on sale before the quarantine happened.