Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this weekend? >

What are you doing this weekend?

What are you doing this weekend?

Old 03-31-2012, 07:19 AM

I catch a plane tomorrow morning to go to Amarillo, TX to see my 95 y.o. Mom.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 AM

Good Morning! I too want to send retirement congrats out to SouthPStitches. I feel a little like retired staying with my 85 year old dad. (Giving brother and wife a break) He has had breakfast, coffee and meds. Still need to do eyedrops for him. Planned on pressing some dresden plate pieces that I made with the wedge, so much easier cutting than when my granny taught me to make the cardboard templates around 44 years ago. (that was my first pieced quilt top). Last night I cut the chain piecing apart, then went through and trimmed all the corners while watching westerns with dear daddy. Oh, lastly I turned them. Now ready to press. I took them over to my mom's house the other day and got her excited that she dug out some precut dresden kits we bought years ago and made up some plates.
Apparently, I get a ride later to get groceries.(I let my SIL keep dad's car since she was used to having it.) They are wonderful to come get me for a few hours break or even let me stay all night with mom. So I just sew.
I also hope to finish squaring up some hand embroidered flower blocks for a quilt top I want to make for my daughter. So anymore than that after getting groceries will be a plus. Everyone have a great Saturday. Teresa
Old 03-31-2012, 08:15 AM

Last weekend I started a wall hanging for one DGD and a quilt for another. I had to rush DH to the emergency room and was there with him all day and most of the night as they kept him in hospital over night. We seam to be back to normal this weekend so I am headed for the sewing room when I get off here.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:30 AM

Congratulations on your retirement, you will LOVE it! And homemade cinnamon rolls, I think your husband is gonna love it too : ) Have fun and enjoy every minute of your freedom!

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
Good morning! The snow is coming down but it really doesn't matter. This is the very first day of my retirement and it feels like pure bliss. Have yet to get out of my bathroom and am enjoying my second cup of tea. Believe I'll change into sweats and baste my bowtie table topper, done in soft colors of taupe, coral and aqua. Promised husband a pan of homemade cinnamon rolls too. Life couldn't be better. So much time, so many quilts!
Old 03-31-2012, 08:43 AM

Sitting in a hotel room in NYC. It is rainy and cold so I will stay in and catch up on reading. I am NOT a city girl! Will meet up with friends for dinner tonight. This is just not my cup of tea. I want to be home quilting!
Old 03-31-2012, 09:33 AM
Power Poster

I spent the morning priming the cabinet doors for my kitchen at my new house. I hope to have time this afternoon to load a quilt onto the frame. Have to sand those doors tomorrow
Old 03-31-2012, 10:08 AM

I'm finishing up a lap quilt for my cousin and hope to get it in the mail on Monday. I have 3 girl cousins left (we are older than dirt) and I'm making each of them a lap quilt before all our bucket lists run out!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:21 AM

I'm sewing the binding to the back of some wall hangings. Then have to work on the Craftsy blocks for this month so I don't get behind.
Old 03-31-2012, 10:28 AM

I cleaned up in my sewing room(s). Sorted all the fabric I acquired at retreat and my UFOs. Then it is so nice I went outside to work on cleaning out my beds. So far I have the herb bed done and am working on my main flower bed. Hope to get it and the lavender bed done today. That way if it rains tomorrow I can sew guilt free!
Old 03-31-2012, 10:29 AM

i whant to quilt a baby quilt on my new long arm and maybe have the baby that the quilt is for ive been trying to tell it its about time to get born but so far it hasent been listening to me. oh well still 2 days till my due date so its not late yet. im just getting realy ready to be done being pregnant thats all.