Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this weekend? >

What are you doing this weekend?

What are you doing this weekend?

Old 03-31-2012, 05:40 AM

hoping to finish the binding on my GFG.
Old 03-31-2012, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

Load quilt on frame and have some fun with it!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 05:54 AM

I'm hoping to get more squares cut for a baby quilt I'm working on. My husband would appreciate it if I cleared some of my fabrics that I'm working with off of our living room furniture (I don't have a sewing room or sewing desk). However, I have to clean my kitchen and wash dishes because I was gone for a good part of the day yesterday and was in a rush to get out the door so breakfast dishes weren't washed. I got home about time for supper, so we stopped and bought a bucket of chicken and everyone put their dishes by the sink. I was so tired from having my baby boy (11 yr. old) at an oral surgery consultation that I just left the dishes. I hate washing dishes, always have, so when we moved into our house I was thrilled that it had a working dishwasher. After 4 years of living here, that dishwasher has died! But my husband says that when our new stove is paid off (it died last year) then he's buying me a new dishwasher. Once I get the kitchen cleaned, I'm supposed to clean my bathroom, but that might wait until Tuesday when I would normally do it anyways. My DH suggested that I do it today because our baby boy has surgery on Monday and he's going to be a grumpy bottom on Tuesday. But I want to relax and get some quilt work done this weekend because I won't get much if any done on Monday, and probably not on Tuesday either.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:09 AM

Today most of the day will be spent piecing a new quilt. Tonight have to take my DD to meet up with her friends to go to prom..Tomorrow another dd leaves to go back to college from spring break with the new quilt and pillow shams I made her during her break...Then back to work quilting!! One of the only bonuses of being on disability
Old 03-31-2012, 06:28 AM

I'm finishing a few new Twister designs.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:34 AM
Power Poster

I want to finish the McCalls Mystery quilt- got my magazine this past week - Work on another pattern that I am testing - maybe do some Boomerang blocks - oh and try to finish a strip quilt that I started on Monday
Old 03-31-2012, 06:39 AM

Congrats on your retirement SouthPStitches!! Have FUN!

Today I need to water some Hostas that I set out last weekend, blow all the oak seed pods off the deck, pull weeds from the front flower bed and lay mulch down, pile the straw that I pulled off the strawberry plants last week so I can mow around the strawberry bed. Then I hope to finish quilting cowboy boots and horseshoes on the customer's quilt so I can load another one Monday. Oh what a wonderful day - I love outside chores this time of year, combine that with quilting and I am in Heaven.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:41 AM

Oh Sharon B, I still have not received my McCall's magazine for May/June. Hopefully it will come today and I can start part 3 tonight.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:43 AM

Tried to do a little yard-sale-ing this morning but it started raining after the first one... This afternoon playing Mexican Train dominoes with a group of ladies. No quilting for me today. Hopefully tomorrow back in the quilt studio. Planning a quilt for a boy toddler and not happy yet with anything I've come up with. Needs to come from my stash. I have some airplane fabric so I am going to try to find something to work with that.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:00 AM

Finishing my second cup of coffee and then it's up stairs to my sewing room to work on quilt for my Guild's show in May. I'm designing my own pattern and that's taking some time since I'm not too good at that but I need to get going as quilt show registration forms are due soon and I need the know the quilt's size and also attach a photo of the quilt to the form. Nothing like waiting until the last minute. It's chilly, dark and raining today and what I really want to do is stay in my sweats, lie on the couch and watch old movies. May in Jersey