Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you doing this weekend? >

What are you doing this weekend?

What are you doing this weekend?

Old 03-31-2012, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by lindy-2 View Post
i whant to quilt a baby quilt on my new long arm and maybe have the baby that the quilt is for ive been trying to tell it its about time to get born but so far it hasent been listening to me. oh well still 2 days till my due date so its not late yet. im just getting realy ready to be done being pregnant thats all.
Oh, congratulations on the expected bundle. I know of a way to get it born...but I can't share that on a forum, but it's not "bad" or anything. My OB told me how to do it when I was pregnant with my oldest. So, I did it with my oldest and my youngest. And it ended up that my decision to put myself into labor saved both my life and my youngest son's life. Anyways.....
Old 03-31-2012, 12:36 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
Good morning! The snow is coming down but it really doesn't matter. This is the very first day of my retirement and it feels like pure bliss. Have yet to get out of my bathroom and am enjoying my second cup of tea. Believe I'll change into sweats and baste my bowtie table topper, done in soft colors of taupe, coral and aqua. Promised husband a pan of homemade cinnamon rolls too. Life couldn't be better. So much time, so many quilts!
Happy retirement! I stay in my comfys lots of times. Spend all day sewing. Sounds like you are ready for it! Congrats on your retirement. It takes a lifetime to get to retirement, so enjoy...you deserve it!!!
Old 03-31-2012, 12:39 PM

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho

I need to clean my quilting room badly! I've had so many projects going at once and now it shows!! I'm doing the BOM at Craftsy also and am waiting until tomorrow for April's two new blocks. That's what's urging me to clean my room. Boy, I'm still having to clean my room like when I was a little kid and my mom would make me clean my room on Saturdays. Oh, and it's Saturday too! Just like when I was little. Better get busy.
Old 03-31-2012, 01:28 PM

I so far have finished 2 UFO today. Will post them after I get pictures of them. Working on binding my quilt for the doll quilt exchange for April.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:11 PM

I used to laugh when people said they had all these UFO's. Right now I have the BOM on this board that I just caught up with, I got another star done for the 50 PP stars BOW, I pieced a hockey/soccer/basketball jersey quilt, and I cut the fabric for the jelly roll heart quilt that I got the link for on the board. (In the meantime, I have 100 t-shirts that have been prepped for 2 t-shirt quilts and I have just started a quilt made of my husband's dress shirt discards). It has been a pretty productive day. I have all of my UFO's set up in clear boxes and they are all well organized and easy to get to. I have just started a box for my DJ that I plan to start in the next few weeks. Oh... and I am going to set up a box for a cathedral windows quilt.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:21 PM

I made a 3 dimentional folded block wall hanging. Home alone and spent the day in my Diva Den.
Old 03-31-2012, 07:28 PM

Congrats on retirement and future baby. I went to 2 quilting shops for KC shop hop. That's all the time I have to go this time , usually I go to all the stores, but saving my money for the 3 day bus trip next month. Yea! i spend afternoon with my sister and evening with my husband. Only had 1 hour to iron and cut blocks for challenge scrapy quilt, which is due next month. Tomorrow it's back to work I go. Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Old 03-31-2012, 07:30 PM
Power Poster

Got the strip quilt done- all the cutting for the McCalls Mystery quilt is done- will work on putting the rows together tomorrow , so a pretty good day
Old 03-31-2012, 07:34 PM

I made a stained glass frame for a wedding invitation for DD's best friend and finished all but about 10 inches of binding on a quilt (pics tomorrow). Tomorrow morning DH & I are going to rent a tiller and dig up the big front garden so we can replant it. Sounds crazy but we re-shaped it last year when we had a new sidewalk put in. Then Monday we have to attend a memorial service for a friend who passed last week. Sometimes geting older just isn't any fun. :-( All in all, a very full weekend.