Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are You Going to Work on Today?? >

What are You Going to Work on Today??

What are You Going to Work on Today??

Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 AM

Well, I cut out and pieced 12 blocks for the "big"sister quilt yesterday, who knew that some fabrics with flowers (juvinile print) was directional? Today I will be frogging all of the blocks :(:( Okay, today will be a better day. Of course probably no one but me would notice the stems going in different directions but I just can't let it go. And I am so NOT a perfectionist, I just want to do my best for a special 3 year old :) :)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:00 AM

Today I hope to get the binding handwork finished on one side of the quilt for Cathy Brazell. You might recall her husband, Robert, sent out a plea for a quilt for his wife, who was recently diagnosed with cancer. She will begin radiation and chemo in a few days. Hopefully, this lap quilt will give her some comfort. I have used her favorites --- pink, black, and cats.

Helen Marie
Originally Posted by cmw0829
Tell us what you're going to work on today.

Me...I have eight pillowcases ready to sew using the tube method. Pinned and ready to sew the tube.

Have a great quilting day everybody! :)
Old 02-28-2011, 06:02 AM
Power Poster

Today I am going to work on a rag blanket for my DGD.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:05 AM

Well....Gotta get the laundry done, a quick run thru the house to do minor pick up, plan and start dinner THEN I can work on my strip quilt for a dear friend. Can't wait to get to that part!! :-D
Old 02-28-2011, 06:07 AM

When we bought that house almost 5 years ago, we thought that we would be retiring there. And then DH's job disappeared - thanks Obama. Thankfully (and I thank God everyday) his job contract was up but he was able to transfer within the company. So we did not have to suffer the lose of pay or benefits. Seven years ago he was fired/layedoff after 16 years with no notice, no severance and no benefits. Nothing is secure anymore - except the fact we are all paying for other people's mistakes.[/quote]

Good luck on selling the house,its hard now and it is nice that your DH was able to transfer in the same company. My brother , who I live with right now works for a company that does contract work. The contract is up in Sept. and he will have to move to get another job with another company(out of the 48).I have no idea what I am going to do unless rents come down to where they were 20 years ago. But I guess something will turn up.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:12 AM

I made a "New Year's Resolution" to not start another quilt until I had finished all my UFO's. The self-discipline this is taking is agonizing!!!!! But I am making progress. Today, I plan to sew one more Bear's Paw Block. This quilt's colors are "china" blue....like the Blue Danube China from a couple hundred years ago. When I tire and have to rest(I am disabled) I plan to work on a Sunbonnet Sue that I am hand appliqueing.

Happy Day to all!!
k
Old 02-28-2011, 06:13 AM

i'm gonna keep on keeping on with quilting dd's twin quilt, my first fmq'd project. i'm trying to get it done asap because i have fabric coming soon for a customer quilt and i don't want to have to put either off to finish the other.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:16 AM

I'm doing the "final quilting stitches" at my new mint green wholecloth.
Old 02-28-2011, 06:42 AM

I'm at work but did bring my black and white dresden plate that I'm cutting out. Yesterday I played with my embroidery machine. I made some kitchen towels for my g baby sitter. I'd rather be at home sewing but I do like to eat so I'm here. I stopped at walmart this morning to buy a head of letuce and it was $1.88 and two apples were $1.47, looks like I'll work till I'm really old
Old 02-28-2011, 06:46 AM

I am hand hemming quilt #4 for my wounded warriors. Someone sent me 20 Friendship Star blocks and they made a really nice quilt. I backed it with fabric someone else sent me. It is dark blue with red stars. Looks nice with the red sashing!