Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you ladies working on tonight? >

What are you ladies working on tonight?

What are you ladies working on tonight?

Old 07-04-2015, 04:36 AM

I'm working on my row by row quilt. Only have 6 more rows to go. I don't know how some people are already finished with them. They were done 4 days after the contest started. I think I am just going to collect the license plates and patterns. Will try to get different plates from different stores. Looks like a nice day today. Should plant a couple of flowers I bought yesterday. Happy Fourth..........
Old 07-04-2015, 04:40 AM
Power Poster

I am working on a red.white &blue log cabin quilt for my patio. Should be finished but I got sick along the way. should finish this week-end.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:46 AM

I am so sorry about those who are ill and those suffering from the heat. Guess I need to quit whining about Texas being so hot. Low 90's and the AC is working.
Old 07-04-2015, 05:12 AM
Power Poster

I am quilting more Bible bags and trying to stay cool in So California.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I hope everyone that is sick seen a Dr. and on the mend. Happy 4th to everyone!!!
Thank you.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:22 AM
Power Poster

I am working on my patriotic row robin. Doing FMQ loops and SID with the FMQ foot. Not the easiest thing for a beginner. But no improvement without practice so that is what I am doing!

Hope everyone stays cool and gets healthy fast.
Old 07-04-2015, 11:30 AM

I spent 3 hours last night making neck coolers for everyone going to the fireworks with us. My daughter casually mentioned yesterday, that she had told everyone that I would make them one to survive the heat wave we are currently having! I had planned to make one for me, her, and DH, so last night I sat down and figured out how to make them fast and easy, but secure. What I came up with was to just trim the ends with pinking shears to save the two extra steps of sewing the ends shut. I just used the scraps from a quilt I am currently working on, so no cutting, just sewing, and adding the crystals. These are the ones that you use the "watering crystals" that swell up when soaked in water and they keep you cool for hours. The first photo is the neck coolers and the second is the quilt I got the scraps from.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 07-04-2015, 11:52 AM

I'm working on two baby quilts out of a kit I ordered from Connecting Threads. I'm making them a tad smaller than the instructions but they give you plenty of the fat quarters needed so decided to make use of what I had. Just finished constructing the blocks.......64 of one type and 62 of the other. I decided they wasted too much fabric one the 2nd one so took it into EQ7 and made a new one where it doesn't waste much. I'm also using the Easy Angle to cut my triangles so another savings on fabric. Now if I could only cut correctly I'd have it made. The pattern is called Sprinkles, it uses 36 fat quarters in 6 color groups. I liked some of the fabrics in this kit that I decided to go out and order the complete collection of their faux burlap. Have most of the others already excluding their solids. Anyway, still have a nice bit of the fat quarters left over to make yet another baby quilt with added background fabric.

I'm also changing the layout to the Sprinkles pattern a little as I don't care how they laid out the coins in the middle border. Making the outer border a bit wider too.
Attached Thumbnails sprinkles.jpg  
Old 07-04-2015, 04:19 PM

I'm working on the crib size Diamond Patch Quilt. Thought I was doing great until I started to lay out my rows.
I've made the rows on the diagonal as the picture/diagram showed. I've checked the arrangement 3 x. But when I laid it out on the floor - it doesn't work- there's a gap on either side -corner doesn't line up with the side . I'm glad I didn't start sewing the rows together as I made them. Have to leave it for tonight and will do the layout again tomorrow and have DH look at it. He's very good at the visual.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

i'm working on a GFG in a 1" hex. seems like i'll never finish it. it's under photos if anyone wants to see it. Jeanneb put up photos.