Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are your goals for the week/month? >

What are your goals for the week/month?

What are your goals for the week/month?

Old 06-23-2015, 02:49 PM
Power Poster

I have a purse for the golf tournament I only need to put the pieces together to finish it up. All of the pieces are cut quilted and made, just the assembly part now.
Then there are some paper pieced Christmas ornaments for my new Christmas tree family room wall hanging to make. I foolishly gave away the first set to a friend. I am famous for that... LOL!

Then I want to start quilting one last small quilt for the tournament and do the hand work. After that I will start the matching sets of travel organizers and make up bags for my sister in laws Christmas presents. No plans after that. I just have to get a wiggle on to finish some things before my sewing room is too hot to work in.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 06-23-2015 at 02:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:56 PM

At the beginning of the month I will make a list of four or more, quilty things I would like to get done. It might just be something real simple, like pick out fabrics for xyz quilt or even layer and baste quilt A, finish hand quilting 2 blocks .... etc. It's fun checking things off the list and feeling good about getting things done.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by donnajean View Post
Being retired, I'm just happy if I accomplish "something" each day. Not too many deadlines to meet.
this goes for me too. I know this is a quilting board and I do like to quilt, but it is my hobby and my mojo comes and goes. I quilt for my own pleasure and don't feel quilty if I lay off for a while.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:26 PM

I didn't sew for over a month I believe.

Got really sick in May, then had a bunch of chores to catch up on.

Might try to meet goal of at least two blocks a week on current project. Keep getting burned out though. Need 35 blocks and each one has 289 1.5" squares in it. I only have 17 done and project was started around mid April.

So when I feel burned out, I've been making little things and doing mending. Made two aprons, two cosmetic bags a shirt and a pair of shorts over the last few weeks. Didn't get another block started until last night.

On a sewing forum I like to look at there is a challenge called "30 Minutes a Day". I might try to do that.
Old 06-23-2015, 09:16 PM

I'm just trying to get through knee replacement surgery (my second this year). If it goes like the first one, I will almost be normal by August. I'm altering some tops and short (I lost a bunch of weight) to wear for hospital and rehab -- I've lost a bunch of weight and some of the clothes are too baggy.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 PM

Like some of the others I'm retired but need a real kick in the hinney (behind).
I have lost my mojo and left a group I started 14 years ago to concentrate on the project lioness quilts. Boredom has set in so I need to set a goal of spending 20-30 minutes of putting away yards of fabric (yes I over bought for the kids) take a break then get after it again....repeat repeatedly.....Ditto etc.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
I'm just trying to get through knee replacement surgery (my second this year). If it goes like the first one, I will almost be normal by August. I'm altering some tops and short (I lost a bunch of weight) to wear for hospital and rehab -- I've lost a bunch of weight and some of the clothes are too baggy.
Wishing you a fast recovery and kudos to you for losing weight!
Old 06-24-2015, 02:57 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by donnajean View Post
Being retired, I'm just happy if I accomplish "something" each day. Not too many deadlines to meet.
this is my philosophy, too
Old 06-24-2015, 04:20 AM

It is just me, but it seems like every time I try to "set a goal" for getting something done in the sewing room, I start feeling like I now have something that has to be done NOW. So I'm more likely to just go work on something, and figure that at some point in time, it will all get doneLOL
Old 06-24-2015, 04:56 AM

I would like to make a couple of teachers' gifts by July 11th. I just need to decide what to make!