Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the easiest quilt you ever made? >

What's the easiest quilt you ever made?

What's the easiest quilt you ever made?

Old 09-07-2017, 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by jcraine View Post
The easiest one I ever made was this one https://www.andoverfabrics.com/Quilts/Passport.pdf
They're easy because there are no matching seams. I just lay my pieces across the top of my bed in rows and re-arrange them so that there are not a bunch of same colors together, sew it all, and trim to make the sides even. Great scrap busting quilt. I'm going to make some for the nearby nursing home for Christmas.

You got one to share?
Actually, one of the easiest and prettiest quilts was Deb Tucker's GALAXY pattern. Looks really complex but it is not...........and with the large blocks, a super size queen (85 X 108) goes together in no time at all............It uses her Tucker Trimmer and V-Block tools...........Mine is on the longarm now.
Old 09-07-2017, 05:40 AM
Power Poster

Boxed Squares is the easiest I have ever done. I've made this one at least 12 times.
Attached Thumbnails boston-finished.jpg  
Old 09-07-2017, 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by LenaBeena View Post
Tranum, are you from the Midwest? Reason I ask is because that was the only place I ever heard people say cement instead of concrete. Cement is an ingredient in the making of concrete. One person explained to me that it is like saying "I will bake you a nice loaf of flour." Haven't thought of that in years, thanks for the memory.
Yes, Midwest and I will say you have a valid point. Concrete sounds wrong to me after calling it Cement all my life so I can't change now. I can clearly hear Dads voice telling me to run a wide blade shovel over the "cement" in the hog yard. We had a "cement mixer" for small jobs or he phoned the plant and made an appointment to have the "cement" truck bring x number of yards of "cement" for large jobs.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:41 AM

Originally Posted by jcraine View Post
The easiest one I ever made was this one https://www.andoverfabrics.com/Quilts/Passport.pdf
They're easy because there are no matching seams. I just lay my pieces across the top of my bed in rows and re-arrange them so that there are not a bunch of same colors together, sew it all, and trim to make the sides even. Great scrap busting quilt. I'm going to make some for the nearby nursing home for Christmas.

You got one to share?
Thanks! I need a simple pattern like this to make some scrap quilts. The fun will be in matching up scraps that look great together. The sewing will be a breeze!

~ C
Old 09-07-2017, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
Gay, I love this!! The colors are so dreamy.
Ditto here!
Old 09-07-2017, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by Gay View Post
Pennyhal & Kitsie- Cottage Romance is the name of the quilt and was, I think, in Better Homes and Gardens Scrappy Quilts several years ago.

Yes, Gay I did see those but it seems to have been a series and I could not find one like this one. I hope we do!

The series they had of Cottage Romance was for learning different blocks and Cottage Romance is the name of fabric. *sigh*
Thanks for the help and any more info you can give. I tried to draw it and got a couple of the big blocks (I think) but that's all I could figure out!
Enjoy your day!

Last edited by Kitsie; 09-07-2017 at 10:04 AM.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:58 AM

It seems every quilt I make gets harder, as I get pickier and pickier about matching seams, cutting fabric, marking everything, pinning too much. I love the good ol' days when I just sewed things together, didn't fork out $$ on fabric, just used my leftover scraps. Of course, I'm not sewing clothes for my daughter (she's in her 50's) my mother (she passed away) myself (never looked like I hoped it would) so I am not accumulating any scraps, so I am very well stashed (pun intended). I never met a batik I didn't like.
Old 09-07-2017, 01:11 PM

Found it!! Thanks to help from members here! On Amazon.
JillC gave the info on my post in "Search...":
"Cottage Romance, pattern is in Better Homes & Gardens book called Scrappy Quilts". And it was! Looking forward to seeing more patterns in this book!
Old 09-07-2017, 01:28 PM

Lots of good ideas here. I'm all for simple and fast. I'll be looking up these patterns. Christmas is around the corner. @boston and @ juanita Those are really pretty.
Old 09-07-2017, 04:35 PM

String quilts are mindless fun.