Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the latest quilt book you bought?

Yesterday while we were visiting the shop in Gretna, Nebraska, the Quilted Moose, my daughter and I bought Four Seasons at Minglewood by Debbie Roberts. Great ideas, I can feel another Christmas quilt starting soon. piecefully, the old one

I have never been disappointed with "Thimbleberries books" I have made lots of Lynette Jensen patterns.

Friendship Strips and Triangles by Edyta Sitar

One branch of our county library system has lots of quilting books. I go there and thumb thru until I find something I like and think I can do with my limited experience.
    Good luck!

I have just bought the new book for new York beauty simplified by Linda hahn...She says you can make it with just one pin.

Blog Entries
    Me, too...........Friendship Strips and Triangles by Edyta Sitar

Blog Entries
    I have the "Scraps & Shirtails II" from Bonnie Hunter.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by the old one
    Yesterday while we were visiting the shop in Gretna, Nebraska, the Quilted Moose, my daughter and I bought Four Seasons at Minglewood by Debbie Roberts. Great ideas, I can feel another Christmas quilt starting soon. piecefully, the old one
    I am from Omaha, NE and I need to visit Quilted Moose. A new quilt shop opened "More Sew For You". It is at Countryside Village off of Pacific, across from Westside High School.

Quilts with Attitude by Deb Karasik. Took a class from her in April. She's awesome. I can now paper piece.

Two weeks ago I purchased "Liberated Quiltmaking II" by Gwen Marston.....fantastic book!! I've made quilts from so many purchased patterns and books and now it's time for me to get out of my comfort zone and come up with my own design. This book fits this need. I will post a picture with whatever I come up with. This is a great topic.

Yesterday I purchased a landscape quilt book for beginners at one of our local quilt stores.....it was half price. Now I have to find a shop or someone to help teach me how to do them. I think the book will help a lot. However, I do much better with the visual hands on approach.

Kaffe Fassett's "Passionate Quilting". I've been away from quilting publications for years and his work was new to me. I love his manipulation of patterned fabrics such as the shirting stripes.

love love that book - one of the last ones I bought. Will be making the peony quilt; what about you ?

I bought the 50 fabulous paper pieced stars from Carol Doakes. I made 8 stars so far. I love paper piecing.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I just got my order in and it had the newest Art to heart book by Nancy Halvorsen....Jingle all the way....I just love her stuff....of course the order came after I closed my online store and now I have 2 copies extra..ehhehe

I purchase Egg Money Quilts by Eleanor Burns. ann Big Print Quilts by Karen Snyder and Free Motion Quilting Made Easy by Dva A Larkin.

Normally when you purchase a new quilt book, you will be lucky to find a couple of patterns that you really love. I love everything in this book, titled "Scrap-Basket Sensations" by Kim Brackett. I paid full price of $24.99, but am starting to see it everywhere, even Joann's.

I bought "3 Times the Charm" by Me and My Sistr Designs and published by Leisure Arts. It's a thin book with 7 quilt patterns made for charm packs. They are small quilts but can be adapted for larger quilt center. I like charms packs.

I just bought Mindful Meandering by Laura Lee Fritz. It's full of FMQ designs that she allows anyone to use just for buying the book. Her designs are really helping me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    I just ordered Tradition with a Twist by Blanche Young, and an Eleanor Burns DVD. I order books out of the library first and after I read them, if I really like them, then I will order them. I got so tired of ordering books that looked and sounded great but then when I got them they weren't as good as I expected.
    I have Traditions with a Twist. Made three out of it.
    Doris

Lastest 2 were from The Buggy Barn cute and whimsical

www.buggybarnquilts.com

I Just purchased "Scrap Quilts Go country" By Deanne Eisenman
    and another book called "2 piece patchwork" By Sandy Petsche. Both are great scrap users. There is a quilt I want to try and do that is called "Blooming Stars" from the scrap quilts go country book. I actually love this one more because it also has applique in with the scrappy patterns.

Eleanor Burns 'Quick Trip Quilts'. I love her quilts and her patterns are so easy to follow!

501 quilting patterns, love it

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Turkish Delights applique. Very pretty.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast