Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the nicest thing that anyone has said... >

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

What's the nicest thing that anyone has said...

Old 07-10-2010, 10:59 PM

i made a quilt for a neighbour as she had been a very good friend in time of trouble. last week I was tking to her and she said her young daughter used the quilt as her twinkling star quilt when she wants to go to bed. For a child whom they have had trouble sending to bed it was a lovely comment.
When this baby and her cousin 6 months younger were born I made them each a quilt both parents and grandfather said they could always tell when they wre ready to sleep as the went under the quilts.
these are great comments.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:58 AM

I made a nap quilt for a friend's grandson for his birthday a couple of years ago. The big hug and "Thank you Miss Patty" were lovely. Even better was hearing twice in recent weeks that he won't let anyone else use his quilt that was "made special just for me". My friend also said that he told her very seriously, "Nana you can use my quilt if you want to, I know you'll take good care of it". Now you've got to realize that this is one of those bouncy little fellows with the impish grin that you just know has been up to something because he looks SOooo innocent.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:40 AM

The mother of a 9 yr. old girl who'd undergone surgery and received one of my Linus quilts. From my name, town and state I had put on a simple label, she took the effort to find my home address and send me a thank you note. The quilt had become her daughter's favorite blanket and had to be always within site when not being used.
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 AM

my mother has everything she will ever need, usually 2 of them... so her birthday, mother's day & christmas have been a challenge for years. she does a lot of crafts & is an avid golfer. one year i cross stitched 2 afghans with 18 different golf holes, one for her and the other for my dfil, who was a pga golfer way back when. my mother hung it over the back of her "company" chair, where it still is. my dfil, used his every day until he died. my dbil asked me if i minded if he kept it, as he is golfer also. it's pretty ragged but it still hangs on the back of thier sofa

i also made my mother a couple of small quilted landscapes of imaginary golf courses. made them at the same time, but sent one in feb for her birthday, the other in may for mother's day. she got the first one, took it to work, took it to the golf course, took it everywhere she went, before she rearranged her "golf wall"& hung it up. in may, when she go the 2nd one, she did the same thing, but when she called to thank me, asked if there were anymore, because if there were, she wanted to rearrange the wall only 1 more time.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:41 PM

Some years ago I was sitting with 5 children under 7 years old and i heard them playing "house". They were pretending to be me "Miss Lynn and my husband "Mr Rick. I heard one little girl say to another "What are you doing, Miss Lynn?" That child's response was Oh, I am making quilts and toys for every little child in the whole world!" I cried my eyes out!!
Old 07-11-2010, 04:48 PM

I made baby quilts for three very close friends when they had their first babies. One of the couples, and their three children, left in April for Australia where they are doing mission work. They were limited to one crate for all of their belongings. My friend made a point of telling me that the baby quilt I had made for their first child (I think it's been 14 years ago) was going to Australia. I was so honored.
Old 07-11-2010, 06:15 PM

I started a baby quilt when I started nursing school two years ago. Two year old Caroline received it completed two months ago. She just buried her face in the quilt, smiled, spread it out on her lap in the chair and threw her old blankie out of the crib when she went to bed. No words were spoken...
Old 07-12-2010, 12:18 PM

I made a quilt (ugliest thing I ever made) for my 3 year old granddaughter after she lost her quilt made by her father's mother. This granddaughter is now 24 years old, out of college, is manager of a nursing home and STILL drags her ratty old quilt around anytime she leaves home for the night. She gets teased and the raggedity old thing gets "stolen" at each family reunion but it reappears shortly as she won't go home without it. It's in absolute tatters and I've even made her new ones to replace it over the years but that original, ugly one that is now just a rag is the most precious thing she has and she doesn't want the others. She asked me if I'd make a baby quilt for her when she has her first baby and use "a small piece of my quilt in it for my baby"? That melted my heart.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:14 PM
Banned

When I post the doll quilts I make, people tell me they are beautiful. God bless. Penny
Old 07-12-2010, 03:17 PM

I made an FSL lace bowl and doily with gold spoons around them for a friend's 50th wedding anniversary and she studied it and then said "this really is a gift isn't it?" I presumed she was acknowledging the time and effort I'd put into making something special just for her - she's mislaid the doily since moving house but the bowl takes pride of place in her china cabinet.