Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's the reason for...... >

What's the reason for......

What's the reason for......

Old 07-21-2010, 07:19 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
check an office supply store for the clip attacher shown at the martelli site. we use them all the time to clip bundles of paper too thick for staples. they come in several sizes. the clips would also be more difficult to remove. they are designed to hold on for dear life.
The Martelli clips must be designed for quilts. They are easy to remove and reusable. Most of my binding is double fold, batting filled and the clips hold snugly. There are three sizes of the clips. I use the small size. The tool is like a flat pencil, very lightweight. The clips are stainless so no rust marks if left in on the quilt. I use the glue on binding sometimes and the clips work great with that. I don't have to wrestle the quilt on the ironing board. I have reused them many times and they still hold like new.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:01 AM

From Blue Bell -"I don't use pins or clips. I just fold as I go along. It all turns out fine."

That's what I do too and haven't had a problem.

selm :)
Old 07-21-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by cmworrall
I use large paper clips just because we already had those lying around. It helps me to sew a section of 6" to 8" at a time without having to be constantly folding over. Plus you can just slide the paper clips down and not have to start and stop alot.
I also use the paper clips. Depending on the size of the project I either use medium sized or large.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:12 AM

I use the clips all the time and love them, you can find them in the hair section at walmart or target.
Old 07-21-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I bought the binding gun and clips at Paducah quilt show. It was cheap and it works great. The clips are reusable. Here is a picture of it:

http://www.quiltsxcetera.com/manufac...Martelli/42/92
I would love to try this product, but as everything else, It will have to wait. God bless.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bustertruster
Originally Posted by Blue Bell
I don't use pins or clips. I just fold as I go along. It all turns out fine.
Blue Bell I am like you but we look like the odd folks out. Now I am wondering whether using pins or clips make a difference. It seems to me that my binding is the one thing I can always count on coming out just right.

:thumbup:
Yes, bustertruster, the hold and sew works fine. I have entered my quits in shows and the judges give me high marks for my bindings. Perhaps everyone should try our method.
Blue Bell
Old 07-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

I love the quilt binding clips. I use the on every quilt, don't have to worry about getting stuck with pins. the hold the binding, when I get close to one, I take it out. I use 6 - 8 at a time. Also I don't have to worry about losing pins in the quilt.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:00 PM

I use clips, but only use 2 or 3 and just keep moving them ahead as I go. I'd never heard of a binding gun! Maybe I'll check it out when I get a chance.
Old 07-21-2010, 08:18 PM

Does anyone use spray adhesive instead of pins or clips? I am new and working on a baby quilt and thought the adhesive would work better?
Old 07-21-2010, 08:21 PM

I use binding clips all the time. Very handy & they don't poke you!