Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's on your bed? >

What's on your bed?

What's on your bed?

Old 10-24-2010, 11:05 AM

Lucky you who are able to put your quilts on your beds. I have made queen sized ones, but we also have dogs (pit bulls) who jump on the bed, much as I try to keep them off. My quilts are either on the wall, the quilt rack, used as lap quilts or being used by somebody else!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:06 AM

This is on my bed. It was the first quilt I made on my embroidery machine. It is called "My Secret Garden".
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112345.jpe   attachment-112346.jpe  
Old 10-24-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by labbyrobinson
Lucky you who are able to put your quilts on your beds. I have made queen sized ones, but we also have dogs (pit bulls) who jump on the bed, much as I try to keep them off. My quilts are either on the wall, the quilt rack, used as lap quilts or being used by somebody else!
My dogs get on my bed only when I invite them. They are not interested in the bed unless I am napping there. If I want them with me, I put something else on top of the quilt. My two dogs follow me around all day long. They would never sleep on the bed while I'm upstairs. They are afraid I might jump out the window without them.
Also, we don't sleep under the quilt. Keith thinks that quilts are too heavy. Although, he will use one in the chair while watching TV. I fold the quilt at night and we sleep under something light.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:10 AM

That is really beautiful!!!!!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 AM

A quilt I got at Silver Dollar City, in Branson, Mo. I have had it for several years...had never thought i would be trying to make my own! lol
Old 10-24-2010, 11:12 AM

I have a shabby chic quilt on our bed. But in winter, I add a down comforter, covered with a duvet that I made.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-112598.jpe  
Old 10-24-2010, 11:15 AM

@ featherweight ~ wow.. your quilt is to die for.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:31 AM

I actually have two quilts on my bed. One is an Arkansas Crossroads that my bee made for an auction. (I bought it back!) The other was the result of a bee block exchange made from a pattern called Bento Box--really just a modified simple log cabin. Both are scrappy and queen-size. I usually start out night with one pulled to my chin and then grab the second--which is folded at end--during the night. It's warm in Texas, but my husband and I both like to sleep with air conditioning. I also have quilts on the guest bed and on my granddaughter's bed...I made granddaughter's and the guest bed is a store bought I've had about 30 years. I've almost got a new quilt top made for that.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:38 AM

All these quilts shown are beautiful....Wanted to mention a new trend for people who don't want to invest in money or time for a full quilt. It's fundamentally like an oversized table runner--hand off the edge of the bed about 4-6 inches and is maybe 18-14" or so wide. It's draped over the foot of the bed. You could design your own pattern with favorite blocks and border. Looks great over a plain coverlet---or if your bedspread is patterned you could maybe make a tone on tone or simple two color or even a whole cloth.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:46 AM
Power Poster

We use quilts that I have made. One was a quilt as your go and the other I had quilted on a long arm. These quilts are scrapy and functional. We have 5 dogs and 4 of them require sheets and quilts :) so mine are washed often but they were designed for that hard use.