Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's Your Current Project? >

What's Your Current Project?

What's Your Current Project?

Old 11-01-2015, 06:05 AM

I have an attic windows wall hanging, a few toddler quilts for great nieces and nephews and am machine quilting a 10 minute block quilt.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:17 AM

Processing a mountain of scraps given to me. I am so lucky. Love fondling each and every one. It's a good thing I like scrappy quilts!
Old 11-01-2015, 07:28 AM

My current project is making two princess quilts using the pattern: Happily Ever After from the Ribbon Candy Quilt Company. So far I have the background blocks cut, the appliques traced on fusible. I usually like to sew my appliques by hand, but thought fusible would help me get through to the end faster. They are going to be Christmas gifts, but knowing me, they may not be done by them. But, they are a complete surprise to the two little girls getting them, so it doesn't matter if they are finished after Christmas. My other part of my to do list: finish my UFOs, and make the quilt sandwiches and finish them, especially the small projects and get those out of the way.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:31 AM

Until the end of the year I'm trying to get the tops I've already made quilted, bound and given to the recipents. Have 3 larger than life quilt tops, 1 over sized lap, 1 small auction quilt for a neighbor, 1 full size auction quilt top and last by not least 1 wall hanging (my 1st) to finish by year's end. Then I can start working on my next year's projects one to include Jacqueline de Jonge's Beauties of Joy. Ordered most all the fabrics online but 5 of 24 are out of stock or backordered. Sure glad I ordered early now.
Old 11-01-2015, 09:34 AM

Quilting a quilt done in pastels for my DGD, just finished pieceing a modern queen size top for my DD andDSIL and gettingf ready to quilt a baby quilt just to keep on hand.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:26 AM

Now that I have one quilt at the hand quilting stage, that I will work on tonight, I just pulled out my Tall Trim The Tree from A Very Special Collection. http://www.averyspecialcollection.co...bits/_v306.htm I have never done foundation piecing before but I shall try!! LOL We have no one coming for Christmas this year, we will be gong to visit the kids so we didn't want to drag out the big tree. So we shall have this one hopefully. With buttons, we can even "trim the tree" with our extra special ornaments. Then at the send of the Season, roll it up til next year!! It's 76 3/4" tall - just over 6 foot so it can be hung as high as you want it to be!! And still put presents under it in a semi-circle.!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-08-2015 at 06:41 AM. Reason: remove copyright image
Old 11-01-2015, 10:38 AM

Just finished a table runner using the Triangle Frenzy Swirl pattern (uses the 60 degree triangle. My next project is a twin size quilt for my grandson, using a panel print of construction equipment as the centre. Looking for ideas to be more creative with this one. I also have "gravel" printed fabric for borders/sashing, and a separate smaller print for the backing. I was going to add borders until the quilt is the size I want it to be, but is there a more unique way of dealing with panels? Would love anyone's input! Thx in advance!
Old 11-01-2015, 11:30 AM

Which one??!! Hand quilting the Fancy Dishes Dresden. (to work on while I'm watching Seahawks games) Piecing a Double Disappearing 9-Patch crib quilt. Bargello to sandwich, quilt and finish (SS pay day on Tues for the batting and backing). And stuff like that!!!
Old 11-01-2015, 11:35 AM

Yes! PP is so fun! Try this freezer paper method:
http://www.twiddletails.com/store/in...age=page&id=21
or this:
https://wendysknitch.wordpress.com/2...cing-tutorial/
One of many similar, no ripping off paper later, use the same templates many times, etc.

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy View Post
Working on my first PP. It's a mini log cabin. Hopefully I can complete cutting
tomorrow and start sewing. Should be fun. I enjoyed the practice piece.
Love the accuracy of PP.

Last edited by Kitsie; 11-01-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 11-01-2015, 12:07 PM

Three doll quilts due November 15 for charity.