Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What's your favorite quilting notion/tool? >

What's your favorite quilting notion/tool?

What's your favorite quilting notion/tool?

Old 01-11-2014, 07:23 AM

Loved this topic and all your ideas. So - Lint roller, rotary cutter, tape, bobby pins (or rather the snap kind I used years ago), magazines for ideas, coloring books for patterns for applique (and friends who are willing to help me learn applique) - I saw a neat Christmas wall hanging that I want to help make for our church women to be used to earn money for our mission fund. WOW never thought of the Kwik Sort (the pink stuff) before. Also the Gizmo to cut apart chained pieces --- one could use the envelop openers that some companies give away. Use tack it to hold it upright and viola ! you have a 'gizmo" !
Thanks again for all your ideas.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:22 AM

My grandmother's ivory stiletto. Saves my fingers every time.

Pat
Old 01-11-2014, 09:06 AM

I love mine my daughter bought them for my birthday,use them with holding my quilt binding
Old 01-11-2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by leighway View Post
I love all gadgets IF they work! I get rid of them, if they don't. I love my June Taylor shape cut, all Creative Grid rulers, my clover clip (use them for many things which need pinning), my Elmers School Glue and 505 basting spray. The one thing for which I am really thankful and for some reason didn't seem to catch on is the Gizmo to cut apart chained pieces. This one item has saved me SO much aggravation, and I no longer run the risk of cutting into a sewn piece. Here's a link for those who wonder what I'm talking about. This little gadget is very inexpensive and worth it's weight in gold. http://quiltsbyjen.ca/what-is-the-cutting-gizmo/
Yes! I love my Gizmo.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:15 AM
lbc

The creative grids used to be my favorite but I have discovered a ruler called Quilters slide lock and love it. It really holds the fabric secure while cutting. Can find it at www.quiltersslidelock.com if interested. I have no affiliation to this company.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:17 AM

My favorite tool/notion is ME without my talent and skill there would be nothing. Lol
Old 01-11-2014, 09:35 AM

Things I could not do without are: June Taylor Shape Cut strip cutting ruler, flat flowerhead pins, rotary cutter and quarter inch foot.
Old 01-11-2014, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
I have tried and tried to use the wonder clips a friend gifted me and I don't care for them.

I think my favorite quilting thing is the huge cutting mat that fits the top of my desk almost perfectly. Then after that it is my sewing machine. Bernina's are the best!

Oh thin flower head pins and of course my newest patterns.
On the wonder clips, find someone who uses them and ask them to show you (not just tell you) how they use them.
I love mine as I do my binding my hand and love that I put them in and remove them as I stitch without sticking myself!
Old 01-11-2014, 09:51 AM

My favorite is my 12.5 in x 12.5 in ruler, my 5 in x 5in ruler and my 6 in x 6 in ruler by Creative Grid. Couldn't live without them!
Old 01-11-2014, 10:32 AM

I also love my flower pins, but what I like even more is the magnetic dish pin holder that I keep them in. If I drop pins, then I just sweep the dish over the floor and the magnet pulls the pins off the floor for me. I don't even have to see them.