Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
When What to My Wondering Eyes Did Appear........ >

When What to My Wondering Eyes Did Appear........

When What to My Wondering Eyes Did Appear........

Old 07-27-2011, 01:50 PM

Nice to find stuff you lost, glad for you.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:58 PM
Power Poster

when I met my DH their family had a family ghost named George. George was the product of BIL Davy when he was about 10 and was teasing the baby of the family Doug who was 2 and afraid to go upstairs alone. So every time the door creaked someone would say hi George glad you came in.

Now I strongly don't believe in Ghosts and someday I will explain why but for now I don't believe. But when my kids were little and I wanted a diversion as in washing hair I told them George(a Ghost dog) and his wife Georgina were playing on the ceiling and over time I added puppies. It worked to get them to look up so I could pour water over their heads for shampooing!

So maybe Georgina decided to take up quilting! LOL
Old 07-27-2011, 02:08 PM

It's usually my DH that finds the lost item for me. I will have looked all over, under, and on top of everything. At least I think I did. He'll come in the sewing room and say "Is this what you're looking for?" while handing me the item. Bad thing is it doesn't just happen in the sewing room. lol
Old 07-27-2011, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I was searching through all of my mess on my work table and I searched under the piles of fabric on my sewing machine. I searched on my computer table and under my sewing machine with a flashlight to make sure it wasn't hidden somewhere there. I searched high and low and couldn't find my rotary cutter! I even wondered if my DGS had taken it but didn't think so.
So I took down a second cutter whose blade isn't that sharp and set it on my sewing machine. Then I bent down to pickup a spool of thread that had fallen on the floor. I was pulling off thread that had gotten dog hair on it. I turned from the sewing machine and reached for a pair of scissors and when I turned back what did I see but not one cutter but TWO!!! Where in the world it came out of hiding from I do not know!!!! They are laying there face to face!!
Hahahaha!!! Birds of a Feather~!~ The second one called the first one out of hiding??? Stranger things have happened~!! LOL Love this!!!
Old 07-27-2011, 02:34 PM

The troll did it .I have had serious issues with that dang troll for years. So sorry he has moved to your house.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:39 PM

Sounds as if the "gremlins" from the Twilight Zone have been back in action. That sort of thing happens here at our house a LOT. I could tell you lots of stories, but that would take up time I could spend sewing (or looking for lost stuff) Glad your cutter reappeared and it was closed and safe. ;)
Old 07-27-2011, 03:07 PM

Glad you found the rotary cutters. But look, you left the blade exposed, good thing, you didn't cut yourself.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:23 PM

Been there and done that LOL LOL LOL
In fact, on related note, having dropped needles, earrings and so on and then crawled around the floor but unable to find them, I try dropping another of the same thing and watching where it lands. Invariably it lands right near the original thing I had 'lost'.

It's why we have more than one cutter and more than one ruler (being transparent rulers are especially likely to 'disappear)'
Old 07-27-2011, 03:54 PM

If you're not needing it, you'll find it but if you need it, it's like it's hiding!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 PM

LOL, yep this happens to me too!