Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where do you buy batting online?

Have you tried Hancock's of Paducah? I am looking at their catalog & they are selling queen size (90 x 108") Warm & White for $24.98 USD. On their order form they have a space for "Country"--so I'm guessing that they ship to Canada. They also have several methods of payment listed, but I didn't see Pay Pal.

Quote Originally Posted by cherylynne
    Quote Originally Posted by Aully
    I looked on Ebay and found warm an natural for $3.60 a yard plus $2.61 for shipping to Canada. Oh my gosh that is cheap! Yay!

Has anyone bought batting as squares? Is it easier to quilt it that way?
    Check the width. I have found some that is more narrow than others.
    Yeah it is 34" wide which will work for my 10 wall Hangings that I am doing as christmas gifts, I am gonna order 11 yards of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Margandi
    Have you tried Hancock's of Paducah? I am looking at their catalog & they are selling queen size (90 x 108") Warm & White for $24.98 USD. On their order form they have a space for "Country"--so I'm guessing that they ship to Canada. They also have several methods of payment listed, but I didn't see Pay Pal.
    I love there website. but nope no Paypal :(

I bought Hobb's 80/20 batting thru Connecting Threads on line. It was on sale for 30% off. I paid $9.37 for twin size. I think that the regular price is about $13.50. There was free shipping over $50. I got great service. I really like the batting!

I've ordered from www.batt-mart.com. They do ship to Canada but I don't know about Paypal. It would be worth contacting them. AFTER I ordered and paid, they called me and offered a cheaper shipping method and saved me $20. Order came in 2 days.

Quote Originally Posted by UglyCook
    I've ordered from www.batt-mart.com. They do ship to Canada but I don't know about Paypal. It would be worth contacting them. AFTER I ordered and paid, they called me and offered a cheaper shipping method and saved me $20. Order came in 2 days.
    Great link, I sent them an email asking if they have Paypal, now I just wait for a responce.
    Thanks! :)

Make sure you check the shipping charges before placing the order...
    specially for batting. It's bulky and usually cost more.

When shopping on line from Canada (to store in states)...always, always, always make sure it is being shipped USPS (Postal service) Don't ever have it come UPS or similar. You will pay HUGE brokerage chgs.$$$$$$$$$$

Blog Entries
    Marshall's Dry Goods has a good price on batting. Do a search for batting. There are many sources.

I buy my batting at JoAnns on line when they have 40% off
    coupon. But I don't know if they ship to Canada. (?)

I buy my batting at

http://www.quiltfabricstore.com/prod...ng-p-1408.html

However, I don't know if they ship to Canada.

I have been purchasing all my batting from Lakeside Quilting (http://www.lovetoquilt.com). They offer Legacy brand in 9 yard boards as well as rolls and individual packages of cotton, cotton blend, bamboo, and soy blend. I love their 80/20 blend and their 100% cotton. If you have a business license, you can set up an account with them and get wholesale discounts also.

I go directly to Pellon online. If you go to www.pellonideas.com you will find a link to the Ala Carte online store. I can get a 120x120 batt for about $23, or I can buy six 18" squares of Legacy for about $5. I find their prices very reasonable and I love the legacy batting. I usually buy a nine yard board and find it very reasonably priced and easy to store. The fusible batting is great for adding "weight" to tote bags.

Are you eligible to get a PayPal Master Card Debit card for your account? There are no fees. You can use it at places that don't accept PayPal. You just enter it as a Master Card and it takes the money from your PayPal account.

You can find more info here: https://personal.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/debit_card]https://personal.paypal.com/us/cgi-b..._us/debit_card[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by oatw13
    Are you eligible to get a PayPal Master Card Debit card for your account? There are no fees. You can use it at places that don't accept PayPal. You just enter it as a Master Card and it takes the money from your PayPal account.

You can find more info here: https://personal.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?&cmd=_render-content&content_ID=marketing_us/debit_card]https://personal.paypal.com/us/cgi-b..._us/debit_card[/url]
    I think that is only for people in the US. I keep clicking the apply now button but it just takes me to my Paypal account and then I can't find it on my page anywhere. :(

I buy all my Hobbs batting from Quilted Memories,
    www.quiltedmemoriesllc.com. Great prices and
    great shipping prices. She sell by the roll or
    prepackaged. Check out her website. My local
    LQS said I could not get it that cheap because it
    was less than she was paying direct from Hobbs.

Batt-Mart!

Quote Originally Posted by goonberrie
    HI! Brand new to message board. Does anyone know of source for PINK bandana fabric by the yard, for baby quilt one would be plenty. What does PM mean? OK OK I said I was BRAND new!! ;} goonberrie
    Just go to Michaels and get pink bandanas--very cheap--PM means send personal message--welcome to the board from Tennessee

Quote Originally Posted by MS quilter
    Marshall's Dry Goods has a good price on batting. Do a search for batting. There are many sources.
    I spoke to Scott from there, he does not sell 100% cotton batting.

Quote Originally Posted by pieces
    I buy my batting at JoAnns on line when they have 40% off
    coupon. But I don't know if they ship to Canada. (?)
    Nope they don't ship to Canada, and dont ever plan too.

I have just ordered some Dream Cotton from Batt Mart . Prices seemed good. I haven't received it yet . so I will have to get back to you on service. Google them.

Aully be very careful when ordering online. Many sites say they ship USPS and then they turn around and ship FedEX or some such nonsence which will indeed cost more. I solved that problem by having my stuff shipped to my PO Box in the US and go once a week to pick up the mail. I also have a place that lets me use their address if a real one is needed.

I buy Quilter's Dream Cotton from Quiltbug. The service is great, and it is delivered quickly..
    I love Dream Cotton because it is soft and can be used either for hand quilting or machine quilting. Although I have only machine quilted so far. Also the quilting stitches can be up to 8 inches apart.

Actually I mean the stitching can be 8 inches apart, not the stitches!!! :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by goonberrie
    HI! Brand new to message board. Does anyone know of source for PINK bandana fabric by the yard, for baby quilt one would be plenty. What does PM mean? OK OK I said I was BRAND new!! ;} goonberrie
    PM means personal email. Welcome to the board!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast