Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Where do you buy your Pantograph designs?

Smoky Lake, Alberta, Canada - Coolidge, AZ

Where do you buy your Pantograph designs?

I am interested in quilting using a pantograph & pounce. Where is the best place to buy pantographs? I know you wonderful ladies and gents will have good info!

Okay, I could be wrong here but I think a pantograph is a design printed on paper that is used on a longarm with a laser light to follow the design. Do you by chance mean a stencil to use with the pounce?

Suzy

Blog Entries
    pantographs are usually paper that you spread out on your table and follow with a laser stylis---pounce powder is used with stencils-
    both are available at quilt shops, places like joanne fabrics- and on line---keepsake quilting, nancy's notions, clotildes, connecting threads (and hundreds of others) all carry a variety.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

I make my own. I bought a couple of books with continuous lines quilting designs and a roll of paper that was thin enough to see through to trace the pattern, then I go over it with a thin line sharpie so I can see them better. Then I bought a sheet of very thin wood, my sweetie cut it into strips for me and I glue the paper to them, a different design on each side.
    Jeanann

Theres nothing wrong with me a little chocolate won't fix.

I make my own pantograph's too from a continuous line book I purchased. I copy the pattern onto
    clear acetate. Then line them up to the right length of my quilt- a friend gave me long pieces of accetate
    from her school- they were used for overhead projectors.

I have a mirror under my machine so I can see the stitching and with the acetate it doesn't block
    my view of my work . It would be another story if I had a paper pattern it would obscure the stitching

Love www.goldenthreads.com for pantos, stencils motifs, and dont forget their tissue paper that comes on a roll, its awesum stuff. happy huntin!
    katz

I make mine as well but if one is looking to buy there are some on ebay
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pantograph-L...72321343607687

The source I like on-line is Digi-Tech Patterns http://stores.digitechpatterns.com/StoreFront.bok . They have patterns for free motion quilting as embroidery also. They offer sale items as well as freebies. You can just download the pattern you purchase.

Another site I like site I like for a multitude of free block patterns is Quilters Cache. http://www.quilterscache.com/index.html

I've still got soooo much to learn. Pantagraphs, pounce method of transfer and any other methods that'll work. Oh, yeah. I love the Golden Threads paper too. Turns out I might be able to get it cheaper by placing an order with a landscaper designer at work. They use the same paper to create landscape plans - and it's much wider!

I like digitech, urban elementz and intelligentquilting.com for pantographs
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

Oh and Anne bright
    The Potomac Quilter
    Innova 26 with Lightning Stitch and Autopilot

I like quiltscomplete.com for pantographs. Lots to choose from and free shipping with a large enough order (not hard to accomplish--if I remember right it's only $50). They usually have some on sale, too.

DIGITECH will customize their pantograph to the size you need also.
    Cheryl Robinson
    http://www.silverneedlestitching.com
    APQS Millenium Longarm with Intelliquilter

Never heard of quiltscomplete. I'll have to check it out. Looks like we got an old thread started again, ladies. :-)