Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you go for inspiration? >

Where do you go for inspiration?

Where do you go for inspiration?

Old 08-24-2020, 08:52 AM

Default Where do you go for inspiration?

Looking for websites that you love which sell patterns/fabric.
Tired of pintrest...love it even though I always get lost!
Have tried Google search for what I'm looking for...too much information.
No interest in Quilter's Cache even though she has a WONDERFUL web site.
Love MSQC for deal of the day and her fabulous tutes.
Same with Quilt in a Day and Connecting Threads and Keepsake Quilting and also Fat Quarter Shop

What am I missing out on?.

I'm really looking for inspiration to sew up all these charm packs I bought..all are assortments of primary/bold colors.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

I can't get into Pinterest. It's just too busy for me.
I follow a few bloggers and get ideas from them. Also Youtube is a great place to find inspiration.
You probably know about MSQC's tutorials on Youtube. Also Donna Jordan. She's fantastic.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:50 AM

Honestly, I come here most of the time. Last year I decided not to renew my magazine subscriptions because I was getting more (and better) ideas from here than I could handle. This year has been a challenge for me. I'm not easily working on the things I thought I'd be doing this year... but I'm finding I can react to things and so joined a round robin and have taken on a UFO to finish. I do like to sew a bit each day and feel unsettled when I don't have a project.

Saturday mornings before noon our local PBS channel has a couple hours of sewing and quilting related shows. I typically have them on in the background but there's a lot of things I'm just not interested in.

I only recently discovered the Albums on the site, here's a thread I started a couple months ago with people saying to come in and browse
Do any of you have Albums here?
and here's the direct click to my page
https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...56-albums.html

While it is partly about not buying new fabric, if you don't already visit us in the Fabric Moratorium, we do a lot of scrap/collection usage. Check out threads you might find interesting in the swaps or pictures section here!

These last few years I've been working with collections of fabric either starting with an idea (often gotten from here) or with the fabrics and seeing where they take me. I've especially been trying to appreciate large scale fabrics instead of my "tiny vine-y". I do appreciate bright! Maybe too bright for me, but these tops are not about me so much.
Old 08-24-2020, 09:54 AM

Like Iceblossom I come here for the majority of my inspiration. I get so overwhelmed going from place to place. If I am going to add to my plan I will us MSQC from time to time. Right now I am getting a lot of inspiration for Accuquilt.
Old 08-24-2020, 10:39 AM

I get lots of pattern ideas from Bonnie Hunter's Facebook page, Quiltville's Open Studio. Hawthorne Supply Co. has a huge selection of modern patterns and their newsletter is a great way to keep up with what's new in the modern quilting world.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:02 PM

I follow a few bloggers, most of the ones who post consistently and regularly are selling something but that's fine with me, it's still inspiration. Instagram is also a good source, especially for quilters who tag their photos. For instance, if you search "#fmq" you will get every photo that someone has labeled with that tag. *Lots* of eye candy there, and once you find someone whose style you love, you can "follow" them and see everything they're doing.
Old 08-24-2020, 01:20 PM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Try Moda Bake Shop.

https://my.modafabrics.com/categories/charm-pack
Old 08-24-2020, 01:48 PM

For charm pack quilt pattern inspiration I would be inclined to look at Quilted Twins and Jordan Fabrics - both websites offer tons of ideas and patterns - many of which are free!

Christine
Old 08-24-2020, 03:07 PM

Hancock's of Paducah is always good inspiration for me, https://www.hancocks-paducah.com/
Old 08-24-2020, 03:27 PM

I find inspiration everywhere. I have been known to take a picture of a tile floor or a stained glass window to use for inspiration later. I had bits of drawings and notes with ideas too. Sometimes I get lost in sorting them out into files but I don't want to loose them. So many ideas...so little time.