Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you put your UFOs? >

Where do you put your UFOs?

Where do you put your UFOs?

Old 04-30-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow View Post
I just completely cut out a quilt and decided (again) that I don't want to go any further with it right now. I want to start another project. Where do you put your UFOs? I can't find half of mine. I need to figure out a system. I found a couple of them that didn't have the patterns with them (crap). I need advice!
When I buy fabric with a certain project in mind or come across a pattern I really like and think - oh I have enough fabric to make this etc - I do not usually cut it out but instead put all the fabric requirements along with any patterns or pictures into a bag which I label with the name of the project, what is in there in the way of fabric and a date so I know how long it has been waiting to be made up. I then store all these in a large tub at the moment My tub is becoming quite full so I think before long I will have to go through it and decide whether I am ever going to make these projects up or whether the fabrics should now be relegated to another use?

Maybe1day
Old 04-30-2012, 07:09 PM

I have Art Bins, ziplock bags and one large drawer full of UFOs. Don't ask me how many! lol
Old 04-30-2012, 09:14 PM

love this idea right down to the end. Thats where I do differently, I sew in my kitchen so I leave my unfinished items under my nose and in my way, so I dont have so many piling up, I must finish some to have room to start more.This year I have gotten all unfinished quilt tops done and have only one snowman to make a head for, stuff ,stack,sew eyes and nose on and all ufos are completed. If only I could get my tops quilted.
Originally Posted by icon17 View Post
Hi, jcrow
Outer space? LOL sorry just couldn't stop my self!! Why don't you buy the large 2pound size zip lock bags or if you need larger they do have them too put them in those, label them as to whats in each one, get a clear tub to store All of them under a bed!
Old 05-01-2012, 03:57 PM

I use scrapbooking boxes (about 15" square) or the scrapbooking envelops when I decide not to finish something. I put the pattern and enough fabric to finish the project in the box as well. I normally put a sticky note on the box (inside) with what it is.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:57 PM

I stick mind in a plastic bag with lable, everything, thread, pattern all the fabrics then I put them into the cedar chest. Every project is complete as far as the necessiary item, just have to add time. So far have not found a lot of extra time lying around.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:09 AM

I have the cube bookcases like at Walmarts and you can put the canvas totes in them. That's what I do and then I put the picture of the project on the outside of the tote so that I know what's in it. Not only do I not have to pull them all down to see what's in them I have a reminder of the things that I want to finish. Works for me.