Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where do you put your UFOs? >

Where do you put your UFOs?

Where do you put your UFOs?

Old 04-29-2012, 04:37 PM

Depending on the size of the UFO, I use those Rubbermaid boxes -- usually the shoebox size or larger. But in a pinch, I'll use a zip lock bag or even a plain old shoe box.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:16 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]331764[/ATTACH]

i use one of these artbins that I got at Joannes with a 50% off coupon.. I label it with blue painters tape under the handle but still readable.. I get them in assorted colors. I put all fabric, thread and pattern needed for this project so i dont use it for another project.. Works great for me.. I only keep 8 on hand and when they are full i will finish one up..
Attached Thumbnails artbin.jpg  
Old 04-30-2012, 03:25 AM

You can get pizza boxes from any store that sells large portioned items. Gordon Food Services is the one in our area. They sell packs of 20 or 25 different sized pizza boxes. Some pizza places may give you 1 or 2, but they are going to charge also. Just get your own set. Then just stack. You can share yours with friends.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:05 AM

I have mine in plastic boxes, the dollar tree has a nice sized one and I have 15 of them with UFO's, I am making myself finish three tops before I start something else, so far it's working. The idea of the empty sheets and curtains packages is a very good idea, I don't use them for I can stack them like I can the boxes. I give all those to my quilt buddy
Old 04-30-2012, 05:10 AM

For cut pieces I use the gallon size ziplocks or tupperware on shelves in my sewing room. Completed blocks, rows and whole tops get folded over a hanger in my hall closet.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:14 AM
Power Poster

In plastic cases where the pieces and instrutions will stay all together with whatever finished blocks there might be. I hide them where ever they may fit.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:15 AM

I put mine in small totes, label them and store on a shelf. I can easily find them when the "feeling" comes over me to get it done! Works for me.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:17 AM

I hate totes and boxes... It is too difficult to see what is in them... also, out of sight out of mind... if I havbe to move things around and restack things..... I'm NOT going to go hunting for it.

I have several clear plastic drawer systems...... I put everything into a large ziplock ( depending on projects size-- Ziplocks come in EVERY size ) I TRY to label them but honestly I rarely do... The project then goes into the UFO -- I preferred to call mine..... "ongoing projects" drawer... I can easily pull out the drawer ( I stand my bags on end so I can sort thru them easily) and instantly SEE what I have to work on.
I LOVE starting projects.... I'm a little slower at finishing them...... sigh
Old 04-30-2012, 05:34 AM

I put them (and there are many) in boxes and then the boxes go into an unused closet. I' beginning to work on them now and don't think I'll ever get to the bottom box. I can't hand quilt anymore due to severe arthritis in my hands and shoulders and need to have them machine quilted and the expense would wear me out. Small ones I will machine quilt.
Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 AM
Power Poster

For me, it's too confusing to keep track of cut pieces and how they are supposed to go together. So I always try to complete the quilt top. Then I might stash it to be finished later, but at least the pieces are all together. I have many tops with backing fabrics set aside for "later". I guess you can tell that the quilting is my least favorite part of the process.