Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • Where do you sell your projects at? >
  • Where do you sell your projects at?

• Where do you sell your projects at?

Old 04-11-2007, 08:39 PM

Sell a quilt?!!

After all the work I put into it?

Not a chance in Hades. My will is going to specify I am buried in mine.

tim in san jose
    Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 AM

I posted the pictures of my raggedy purses..haha like 6 times by accident. Anyway, just wanted to let you know they are under the picture forum. :)
    Old 04-12-2007, 03:12 AM

Tim will look like a super large mummy
    Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Sell a quilt?!!

After all the work I put into it?

Not a chance in Hades. My will is going to specify I am buried in mine.

tim in san jose
    Please include me in your will as the recipient of some of your fabric... I LOVE your color choices!!! That avatar took my breath the first time I saw it.
    Old 05-02-2007, 06:52 AM

thats exactly what i'am trying to do .make quilts to sell and other crafty things .but oh Lord i just finished my top to my crazy quilt yesterday .and my husband has allready claimed it .he's allways encouraging me to do this ,i've even got three more ready to sell. but how can i if he keeps saying [i can't help it i want them all] he says fathers day is coming up .so i should give him the others. but he makes it hard to be strong to tell him no .
    Old 05-02-2007, 07:10 AM

live2teach, can you please share where you got the pattern for a sunflower purse? I LOVE sunflowers and they are everywhere in my home I even have a sunflower tattoo, (please don't tell my mother!) I would love to make one of my own.
    Old 05-02-2007, 01:01 PM

Danna738,

I also love sunflowers too. I have alot of sunflower stuff in my home also and will have more as soon as I make them or buy them..LOL. They are my favorite.

It is my own pattern. One day I started making a rag quilt and thought it would be cute to make a purse like that. I use 4 1/2 inch squares and I usually do 3 across and 3 down, a total of 9 on each side (front and back) and then on the small sides and bottom just 3 squares, unless of course it is a larger tote or a diaper bag then it is more. I am getting ready to make one with larger squares..probably 6 1/2 inch or so...and use only 2 across and 2 down. I will post pictures of my sunflower purse I made just as soon as I take some pictures of it. I have also used fleece and batting to stuff each one. Fleece seems to work a little better. But I have only used it once or twice. Batting works just as well, especially if you quilt it. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. :D Good luck with yours. They take no time to complete.
    Old 10-31-2007, 02:36 PM

I am selling my raggedy baby quilts and some other crafts that I make at a craft consignment shop. She charges 40.00 a month for a space and 10% of your monthly sales. I find that this is cheaper than renting space at craft shows and I don't have to be present to make a sale.
    I try to make money off of some cute teacup night lights that I make so that I have more money to spend on my true love. Sewing, quilting and knitting.
    Old 11-01-2007, 06:15 AM
    Suz

I live in rural Pennsylvania. The "girls" I graduated with more than 50 years ago, get together for lunch once a month. We were lunching at a quaint country restaurant wherein several quilted items were for sale. Hanging on one wall was a wallhanging which I just had to inspect and check the price. I could see the bottom border started at about 3" one the left corner and was about 5" in the right corner. I was about 30" wide. The outer border was of polyester. Very cheap fabrics were used to make the bowtie pattern. The threads could be counted with the "nekked eye". Both sides were "wavy". The title was a "necktie" quilt. Never heard of this pattern being called this. The quilting stitches and workmanship were both questionable, the batting too thick.

I don't like being so critical, BUT . . . . . All this to say, the price was $60. I wouldn't give $6. I wonder how long it will hang there.

I know that all of us take more pride in our work and would not offer such a poor specimen for sale.

Suzanne
    Old 11-01-2007, 06:54 AM

Our hospital has a gift shop where I place my items. They keep $1 commission. I have made over 20 baby quilts to place there this year. It's great for mad money! My first goal was to use up flannel scraps, and now I even have other nurses giving me their scraps. The great thing about the gift shop is that I can take in 6 or 8 at a time, or go without having any there for a month. No pressure. I'm the boss. I've never had a quilt last over 1 week. Sara