Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is it hiding? >

Where is it hiding?

Where is it hiding?

Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 AM

Did you take a bag with you? Under a jacket? You can almost bet that it is hiding behind or under something else. Happens to me alot. I will say a little prayer that it appears. God works in mysterious way & He even cares about your teacup pinchusion. Because it's important to you. Happy hunting. Keep us posted so we can cheer with you when you find it.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:52 AM

Unhappy

Originally Posted by collady View Post
I make pincushions using antique tea cups and saucers. I have a favorite that I use by my sewing machine. Last week when I got home from teaching a quilting class, I carried it into the house and put it down. Now I can not find it anywhere! Not kidding! As it is only DH and puppy living with me, we have looked and looked and looked. Can anyone suggest where this tea cup pincushion could have hidden?!? Suggestions wanted!
I know I have an Elf thief in my house(Or at least that's what I blame it on.) Lay something down and don't find it for months and then all of a sudden it's back(The Elf no longer has a use for it) it's so frustrating
Old 09-28-2012, 08:55 AM

hoping puppy didnt mistake for toy
Old 09-28-2012, 09:10 AM

It happens to all of us. Let us know when you find it and where.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:59 AM

Make another one and I am sure that you will find it the next day.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:07 AM

How about looking in the freezer. Did you shop on your way home? Maybe you put it away with the items you bought.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 PM

Perhaps it is with my dark socks. My rescue fur baby has a thing for dark socks. Doesn't bother light ones, only the dark ones. I am missing mates for 7 pairs of socks now.

He did a snatch and grab with me the other day and I only followed him because he left my room so quickly. The little stinker had poked his head into my class bag and snatched my pin cushion. I don't think he swallowed any though because it's been a couple of weeks and he seems fine! If I find where he hides the socks I let you know ... maybe our fur baby has a similar hiding space!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by collady View Post
I make pincushions using antique tea cups and saucers. I have a favorite that I use by my sewing machine. Last week when I got home from teaching a quilting class, I carried it into the house and put it down. Now I can not find it anywhere! Not kidding! As it is only DH and puppy living with me, we have looked and looked and looked. Can anyone suggest where this tea cup pincushion could have hidden?!? Suggestions wanted!

10 to 1, it's beside the 14" revolving cutting board that I took out of the Amazon package, put in a plastic tub and LOST! (over a month ago!)
Old 09-28-2012, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
We always say this: "St. Joseph , St. Joseph, please come around ; help me find something that can not be found!" Usually works - and I'm not even a believer in saints!

Next time try "Tony, Tony" for St. Anthony the patron of lost stuff. He works faster! tee hee
Old 09-28-2012, 02:38 PM

I heard that if you want to find something you lost, quit looking for it. Of course, that hasn't help me find a quilt top and a ruler in my sewing room. They both are there somewhere.