Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where is it hiding? >

Where is it hiding?

Where is it hiding?

Old 09-28-2012, 03:11 PM

It came home on Thursday in my bag from my knitting class. Posted a picture and the entire story on "Tea cup pincushion came home." To all who have "lost" things like quilts, bobbin cases, cutting boards, etc. I sure hope they all return soon!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
We always say this: "St. Joseph , St. Joseph, please come around ; help me find something that can not be found!" Usually works - and I'm not even a believer in saints!
How did St. Joseph get in the finding stuff business? I thought that was St. Anthony's (or Tony for some) job. LOL!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:44 PM

It is right in front of your nose, you just cannot see it...or that is usually where my missing item is located. Take a deep breath and relax and you will probably see it. Welcome to my world!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:08 PM

I've got the answer! It's only me and DH in our house. Whenever something gets broken, and I know I didn't do it, he loudly says that he didn't do it either. We don't have earthquakes in Michigan so I know he did it. He just refuses to admit it!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM

Where was the tea cup in the house before you took it to class? Maybe you placed it there absent-mindly because it had been there awhile? I just lost my car keys...bring in the groceries...probably in one of the bags i carried in the house...Hummmm, lol.
Old 09-29-2012, 04:36 AM

Seriously, how does this happen? I've been looking for my glasses for three weeks. This house will be spotless by the time I find them. I enlisted the help of my husband to lift every piece of furniture to check under. I am now systematically cleaning out every drawer and cupboard in every room, little by little. My husband wants me to just go buy another pair - no way, they are here somewhere! This happened once before and I did buy new glasses. The old ones appeared one evening folded neatly and sitting in the middle of the living room floor. Creepy. I hope your tea cop pin cushion appears soon for you. Good luck.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:56 AM

Congratulations on finding your pin cushion.....I was going to offer the services of one of my sons who is a wonder when it comes to finding lost items. Oh well, maybe next time. I was tickled to learn the new St Anthony phrase--I know lots of things like that, but this is a new one.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:02 AM

We tend to say "Ant knee" in Scranton, too.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by stelluchi View Post
Seriously, how does this happen? I've been looking for my glasses for three weeks. This house will be spotless by the time I find them. I enlisted the help of my husband to lift every piece of furniture to check under. I am now systematically cleaning out every drawer and cupboard in every room, little by little. My husband wants me to just go buy another pair - no way, they are here somewhere! This happened once before and I did buy new glasses. The old ones appeared one evening folded neatly and sitting in the middle of the living room floor. Creepy. I hope your tea cop pin cushion appears soon for you. Good luck.
Do you wear them to drive, or hang them from the front of your shirt when you drive? I've "lost" my glasses to the seat belt many times. When I release it, it catches on the glasses, which I often hang in the top of my shirt. The glasses then fall into the back seat or on the ground as I open the car door. Can't tell you how many times I've lost them before realizing how this happened.
Old 09-29-2012, 08:29 AM

It probably ran away with the throat plate I bought for my grandmother's treadle machine. I brought it home and put it somewhere "so I would know where it was when I got ready to put it on." That's been 2 years ago and I'm still looking. Wherever I put it must have been a really safe place!