Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to put quilt label??

I seem to be the odd one here......LOL! I like to put mine in the middle lower part.....usually with a picture, if I have one. I try to bind it with some fabric I've used from the front. I catch the lower edge in the machine sewn binding so that it is very secure. I have even put one on and sent it to the longarmer to be quilted with the rest of the quilt........that was for someone I knew would be washing it a lot.

I put mine on the left because I am left handed. You really can put it anyplace you like. No one can tell you not to.

Give the original quilt to your friend.. She will cherish it.. I am a mom of A wonderful downsyndome child... I would have loved it if someone gave me a quilt for my daughter...
    Don;t be afraid...
    I went through the heart problems as well ...
    Krystal is now 26 and Loved by all. By the way she loves quilts.
    so I say Give the gift of love to your friend..
    I love the idea of writing down the story...and giving it with the quilt...

Blog Entries
    I made a quilt for our son's best friends new baby. He is our granddaughter's godfather and my second "Son'. I just found out that they had a daughter with Down Syndrome last week.

Thank you for confirming what I was going to do. I have every intention of giving the baby the quilt. My problem is - everytime I make a quilt I write a story about the quilt. It is written in childlike words and stories about her father when he was a young boy. Is it all right to give them the book that goes with the quilt - as written? It was written with my heart and I figured every child loves the sound of their mother's or father's voice and it would be all right, but I just wasn't sure.

Edie

Edie

Hi,
    go with your heart... Sounds like you have a wonderful gift.. a Gift of giving... Go for it.. You will bless all ... You didnt know of the syndome but that won't matter... May the Lord Bless you and all involved.. For he knew all before they were formed in the womb.... oh and the label can go anywhere .
    GrayFeathers,, aka ~ Karen

Quote Originally Posted by ERhausfrau
    I made a quilt for our son's best friends new baby. He is our granddaughter's godfather and my second "Son'. I just found out that they had a daughter with Down Syndrome last week.

Thank you for confirming what I was going to do. I have every intention of giving the baby the quilt. My problem is - everytime I make a quilt I write a story about the quilt. It is written in childlike words and stories about her father when he was a young boy. Is it all right to give them the book that goes with the quilt - as written? It was written with my heart and I figured every child loves the sound of their mother's or father's voice and it would be all right, but I just wasn't sure.
    Edie
    Edie
    I think that is a great idea! I can't imagine anyone being anything but thrilled with such a thoughtful and personal gift. You are sweet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2