Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven? >

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Where will YOUR fabric go when you go to Heaven?

Old 07-31-2010, 01:34 PM

I have two friends who are excellent quilters as well as excellent people, They are already named as to receive everything that I have left as I know both of them will make sure that my daughter has first choice as she really only attempts to sew or qui[t to some small degree. But as to the rest, my dear best friends will maks sure lots of nice things will come out of it,
Old 07-31-2010, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by DeniseP
I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard this joke, but I think it's worth repeating.

A quilter dies and goes to what she thinks is heaven. As far as the eye can see there are beautiful bolts of fabric and every pattern, type of sewing machine and thread available. There are women sitting at long tables in front of the machines quietly staring into space. She exclaims, "I must be in quilter's heaven!!!"
One of the women seated at the tables replies, "Sorry, you are in quilter's hell. There are no scissors."
LMAO! Thats where I will most likely end up!
:lol: :lol:
Old 07-31-2010, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by texas granny
Mygirl66 I had friend that was from Flint.
She passed in April.
Im sorry to hear that (((((hugs))))).
Old 07-31-2010, 01:49 PM

No daughters or DIL's that sew so I'm guessing my stash will either be in a yard sale or in a dumpster :((
Old 07-31-2010, 01:55 PM

Those of you who have someone to leave it "all" to are really lucky knowing it will go to someone/some people who will cherish it! I only have sons, no DIL's yet, a sister who has made a few quilts over the years, but just not that into it, and no other family members remotely interested in it. I just went to my first "estate" sale with my sister and her friend, who is a regular at them, and I must say, I felt a little uncomfortable walking thru someone's house room to room, looking at that person's "life", right down to the shampoo she used in the bathroom! Maybe it's just me, but I felt a little sad for her watching people picking over her "stuff". I went because my sister said I might find a "quilters" stash for sale, and there wasn't anything except a box of old threads and bits and pieces, all portioned out in baggies for 25 cents each. I don't know, but I don't think I want a stranger snooping into my stuff! I got a little off the topic here-sorry. Having said that, I still would love to stumble across a quilter's gold-mine and whisper a prayer for her to know that I would cherish every scrap and put it to good use!!!I guess garage/yard sales are a little different because usually the owner is there, but in an estate sale (at lease the ones we went to last week), a company conducted it for the deceased. Does anyone else feel a little uncomfortable rummaging thru someone else's stuff???????
Old 07-31-2010, 03:12 PM

I have no problem with my kids having a yard sale and selling the fabric, etc. Both my daughters will find fabric they want, and the rest they can sell. I have told them to sell it all and then go on a cruise together. I have always wanted to go on a cruise and doubt I ever will, so it would make me happy if they could all do that for me. Together of course.
Old 07-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by McQuilter
One thing I told my husband is that I want a big basket at my funeral filled with fat quaters and other quilty things from my stash. As my quilting friends visit they are to take something away with them. He also knows to give it to some of my friends who do charity quilts. Right now I am trying to downsize by sharing what I have with people who need it.
I like this idea for at least the fabric part. :)
Old 07-31-2010, 03:30 PM

I hope to have all my sewing items given away to someone who is in love with crafts as much as I am.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:06 PM

One 80 years young quilter in my Guild finished her Baltimore Album quilt only because she said that if she died and it was in pieces, her kids would put the blocks in a yard sale or flea market. But they would all want the finished quilt. I told my husband that he could sell my stash and bury me using the proceeds. When I told our cousin about it, she laughed, then told me, "Tell him to call me first!"
Old 07-31-2010, 04:31 PM

My daughter looked at my sewing room one day and said, "Mom, what am I going to do with all of this when you are gone?" (she doesn't even own a needle and thread!!) I told her to take it all to my quilt group and let them have a ball! It will probably take her three trips. I suppose they could sell everything, but I would rather see it go to women that I have come to love and who will enjoy it all. As far as all of my quilts and all, I want a quilt on my casket instead of wasting money on flowers and the rest they can divide or give to friends, but like someone said, I'm not really going to care. As far as taking it with me, I'm sure that heaven will have a gimunga stash and some beautiful machines to work with. What would be a better reward for a quilter?!?